Talk

Advanced search

Sw when breastfeeding

(8 Posts)
littlebearsmummy Wed 03-Jun-15 20:35:26

I'm planning on starting sw on Friday and have at least 4 st to lose. I successfully followed sw a couple of years ago, but have since put the weight back on with a little extra following a pregnancy. My little one is now 3 months old and I'm exclusively bf.. So hungry constantly!

Any tips from those who've successfully lost weight whilst bf?

TalcumMucker Wed 03-Jun-15 21:45:46

I joined SW in January when DS was 9 weeks old. I've lost 3 stone 8 lbs so far and am bf. You get to have 2 healthy extra A choices each day to ensure you get enough calcium, and I eat so much I'm never hungry (sounds so corny but it's true).

Good luck!

Heyitsholly Sat 06-Jun-15 21:30:37

TalcumMucker I joined last Monday and breastfeeding but lo now hasn't pooed for three days and wondering if it's linked??

littlebearsmummy Sun 07-Jun-15 20:20:25

My leader (is that the right name) told me I can have an 6 healthy a or bs per day on top of the standard one of each. It seems like a crazy amount and I've struggled to eat that much cheese and milk etc.

Have you been told just 2 extras? Also, what do you snack on through the day other than fruit? I'm hungry and struggling with it all at the moment.

Heyitsholly Sun 07-Jun-15 23:44:36

Yep I got told the same and too am struggling. Someone at group suggested getting milkshake syrup to have a milkshake everyday and double your milk in take and snack on cheese and yogs. I'm finding it hard as very hungry at first and it's difficult to have cold or one handed foods ready. I'm making sure I have proper carbs in each meal eg pasta rice to fill me up. Weigh in tomorrow so we'll see. I'm sceptical as I didn't eat that much calcium before and she was fine so it seems weird to suddenly.
Baby did a poonami today but her three days of no poo still I think was linked the diet changes

RebeccaCloud9 Thu 11-Jun-15 06:07:14

I had double portion of porridge for breakfast (double b and all of one a) which kept me full for ages. Then another a for tea and coffee, and one for cheese. Now reduced bf to one feed a day and am NOT liking the reduction of healthy extras!

AbneyorTeal Sat 13-Jun-15 13:57:18

You don't have to eat all your HEs if you don't want them. I wouldn't force feed yourself cheese if you don't fancy it! I varied mine day to day, so some days I would have all and some days not as many.
I also used to have nuts as a B choice, they make a great snack.

Daffolil Thu 25-Jun-15 15:52:25

group.slimmingworld.com/useful-features/breastfeeding.aspx
My consultant referred me to this page. I put on over 4 stone when I was pregnant, the first 2st dropped off without having to do anything except feed on demand, now my dd's 19 months and I'm getting a bit more sleep and feel more human I'm hoping SW will give me the boost I need shift most of the rest, allowing for the fact my boobs are now humongous and must way tonnes :-) Good luck op.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now