Anyone else a bit... er... gassy on SW? What helps?

(5 Posts)
GinBunny Mon 18-May-15 23:04:24

blush

I've been trying to low carb and bulk up on veggies but dear god my stomach is churning away. So loud you can hear it across the office. And painful too.

Dr Google has said to change your diet, no help because it's changing my diet intentionally that's caused this. The worse culprets are dairy - I have overnight oats every day but seem to be better on fat free dairy than full fat so am skipping HEA, and green veg - which I am eating most meals. How else do I get loads of speed food without this happening? Is there an over-the-counter med that I can try to settle things?

Any ideas SWMNetters?

Doubtfuldaphne Tue 19-May-15 21:02:47

Hi! I have IBS and was a bit worried about how sw would change me. It's only been three weeks but yes I know what you mean. Vegetables are the culprit. I'm hoping it'll settle down and get used to it after a month.
Have you tried Alpro almond milk? It's really nice and you can have a litre a day as a healthy A.
You should try colpermin, a peppermint oil which soothes the whole of your insides. It helps relieve trapped wind too. I have been prescribed three a day but just have one half an hour before breakfast and one before bed. (Not straight after eating)

GinBunny Tue 19-May-15 23:38:12

Hi Daphne, thanks for the reply. I've decided to go back to having soya milk as a HEA and giving up the yogurt for now. But I'm sure it's the veggies that are really the problem.
I've googled it and most people say it settles down - but I'm 4 months in and much worse the last week. Will try Colpermin - is that from a chemist or health food store? Was going to try peppermint tea but not a fan, that sounds great flowers

Doubtfuldaphne Wed 20-May-15 08:15:12

You can buy colpermin in the chemist, it's great for wind. It might need a month to get going but stick at it!

alphabettyspaghetty Sun 24-May-15 19:56:15

I found mine was down to cereal bars... I've reduced my cereal bar intake and have seen less wind. Do you eat cereal bars?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now