Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone changed groups?

(7 Posts)
Jamrollypolly Fri 06-Feb-15 13:29:38

I joined my group about 4 weeks ago (referred by nurse), the group is lovely I've met some really nice people and the group leader is nice but doesn't really inspire me. Last year I went a group and the leader was amazing she brought in buffet food and discussed syn values of everything and I came out of the session inspired. My friend attends her group and told me she still does this with other foods, I'm now thinking I should join her group. It would involve changing days from a Thursday to a Tuesday.

What should I do? I still have 8 weeks left of my referral and will miss my friends but the other group is better. I also don't want to offend the first leader. Help! Has anyone switched groups?

BillStickersIsInnocent Fri 06-Feb-15 13:32:56

I've done this. I just texted my current leader and said I was swapping as circs had changed, then just turned up at the new group. No problem at all.

Jamrollypolly Fri 06-Feb-15 13:51:29

That's a good idea Bill! That way she shouldn't feel offended. I just don't want to talk about how my week has been and what I'll change next week. I want to know how many syns different products have, good tips in the supermarket which the new leader does. What happens in your new group?

annielostit Sun 08-Feb-15 16:41:45

If it were me I'd move, there's lots of uninspiring consultants with sw. Go with what's best for you. For the record, mine is rubbish. No inspiration at all.

Jamrollypolly Thu 12-Feb-15 11:53:51

Does anyone find the day of the meeting affects the weight loss? My current group is on Thursday, so I usually go to the gym Mon - Wed and burn off my weekend over indulgence. Do you prefer earlier in the week groups?

Jamrollypolly Thu 12-Feb-15 11:54:46

Thanks Annie I am seriously considering it.

PinkParsnips Sat 14-Feb-15 21:01:07

Yes do it definitely!

I had a thread on here a few weeks ago called "are all slimming world groups like this" - my first group was huge, dragged on and on with weight losses, same old stuff on the table each week, no food talk etc. and I dreaded giving up my evening for it.

I changed to a much smaller Saturday afternoon group 2 weeks ago and I love it!! smile Feel like I've found 'my' group as someone on my thread said!

I just spoke to my old consultant - must admit I didn't say why I was changing, it was easy to just swap over.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: