Talk

Advanced search

Slimming World Online.

(5 Posts)
TonyThePony Sat 31-Jan-15 16:43:16

I just joined slimming world online.

I chose online because I work all over the place so cant commit to weekly meetings and I feel a bit shy to go to a group (silly I know)...

But.... I'm a bit overwhelmed by the website... Is anybody an online member and have any clue where to start?

I really want to do well with this.

Please help a very confused woman.

TonyThePony Sat 31-Jan-15 16:46:32

Oh, sorry if this thread topic already exists, I couldn't see it. If it does, if somebody could link to it for me, I'll happily delete this one. Thanks!

GinnelsandWhippets Sat 31-Jan-15 19:50:49

I just joined SW online too and am also finding it a bit puzzling. As I understand it you can eat whatever you want of the 'free foods', plus your healthy a and b choices (1 of each) then anything else counts as a syn and you neeed to calculate it on the syns calculator - which unhelpfully is not on the homepage. Hmmm. I do think the website is shocking but i m warming up to the plan. I am a bit confused by the healthy a and b thing. So for example today I had 2 x cups of tea with milk - about 20mls total. Plus 15g cheddar cheese and 1 x philiadelphia light mini tub. So is that about the equivalent of a total healthy a choice? Can you mix it like that? I dunno.

Jamrollypolly Sat 31-Jan-15 22:20:44

I've recently joined a group and was told you can't mix and match. I did that in the first week with different types of nuts (half each). Hope that helps.

Yuleloglatte Sat 31-Jan-15 22:26:55

I went to a group once - there are often free vouchers in magazines and got the books, which are a lot easier to follow than the website, but I do it online now to get access to syns, healthy extras etc. I really recommend getting the books as they make it a lot easier!
You eat unlimited free food, but try to include at least 1/3 speed foods with every meal and snack. You have a healthy extra a and b and 5-15 syns a day. I measure 350 mls of milk, which lasts me 3 days, so over the 3 days I have 2 cheese portions.

There are loads of facebook groups that can help, especially with syn values.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: