Talk

Advanced search

New to slimming world, bought tub of quark but what do I do with it please?

(18 Posts)
dannyboyle Mon 26-Jan-15 16:14:24

As stated I am new to slimming world and in shopping delivery this week is quark. Doesn't look that exciting so any ideas what to do with it please?

calzone Mon 26-Jan-15 18:30:36

I cooked with it and it split badly......maybe have with vanilla and fruit?

Dietagainmonday Mon 26-Jan-15 19:13:42

Mix with eggs, mushrooms and bacon to make a carbonara.

WerewolfBarMitzvah Mon 26-Jan-15 19:15:00

Add to homemade tomato soup

tabulahrasa Mon 26-Jan-15 19:16:58

Yep carbonara...or add at the end of cooking a curry for a creamy one.

Stick garlic in it for a dip or as sour cream with Mexican food.

There's a lasagne recipe using it but I don't rate that one.

Add vanilla and sweetener and use it instead of cream with fruit or as cream cheese frosting for low syn cakes, orange essence is nice for carrot cake, or cocoa for chocolate cakes or again with fruit.

angelics Mon 26-Jan-15 19:17:23

Mix it with an options hot choc top with sliced banana and enjoy a 2 sin cheesecake - nom nom grin

NanaNina Mon 26-Jan-15 19:20:48

Chuck it away - it tastes disgusting!

NiceCupOfTeaAndALittleSitDown Mon 26-Jan-15 19:25:54

I've got some sitting in my fridge too!

PartyFops Mon 26-Jan-15 19:46:56

Bin it! Vile! grin

Midori1999 Mon 26-Jan-15 20:10:12

It's nice blitzed with some smoked salmon trimmings, horseradish, lemon and black pepper to make a dip/pate. I've also used it successfully in a tomato based pasta sauce to make a sort of tomato and 'mascarpone' sauce, but you do have to heat it gently it it splits.

springlenner Mon 26-Jan-15 21:13:04

Interesting thread... I've a tub of it sitting in the fridge for the last week... made a curry last night and was going to chuck it in but wasn't sure it wouldn't ruin the sauce... I'd say I'll be binning it too!

tabulahrasa Mon 26-Jan-15 21:28:46

It's nice in curry - honestly, just make sure you don't put it in while it's still on the heat or it'll curdle.

Greenrememberedhills Mon 26-Jan-15 22:20:13

Mix it with options or cocoa and sweetener. Or berries and sweetener. It is really delicious- like a cheesecake.

CortisolandCaffeine Tue 27-Jan-15 02:32:34

I really like it and there are some great ideas here. I would definitely agree with the posters who say don't heat it too much. I've had it split a couple of times after letting my sauce boil. If you add it last minute, after the sauce is off the heat it's great and not really any different from creme fraiche.

dannyboyle Tue 27-Jan-15 15:39:05

Thanks all, think I will try adding to tomato soup as a starter, although I remain to be convinced!

calzone Tue 27-Jan-15 18:32:31

I have added a sachet of mint hot chocolate to the rest of my quark...Tis lovely. smilesmile

surpriseitsme Wed 28-Jan-15 00:44:43

Whip in some sweetner with the juice of a couple of lemons. Add gelatine and a biscuit base for a cheesecake.

BlueberryMuffins76 Wed 28-Jan-15 15:38:00

It's lovely mixed with a tiny bit of lemon flavouring (look at cupcake world, they have some amazing flavours that go well in quark) and put on meringue with berries. Or mix it with an options sachet and a tiny bit of coffee, mocha dessert!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: