Talk

Advanced search

How many chips is a portion of chips?

(8 Posts)
Rivercam Fri 09-Jan-15 20:17:36

Could anyone advise me how many chips a portion is on Slimming World. Roughly, how many chips should I eat!

midori1999 Fri 09-Jan-15 22:12:40

As many as you want. As long as one third of your plate is veg/speed foods then you really can eat as much as you like. It's also better to fill up than want to snack or be hungry later.

Iggity Fri 09-Jan-15 22:45:28

I would say approx one quarter of a plate. Whilst they say you can eat unlimited potatoes, I would advise some moderation. You won't lose much weight if you fill a plate three quarters full with chips. A quarter protein, a quarter carbs and half plate veg is what I aim for.

Rivercam Sat 10-Jan-15 14:21:18

A quarter of a plate is a good guideline. I thought I'd cooked too many last night. They were the low fat ones.

SerenadeOfTheSchoolRun Sat 10-Jan-15 14:22:05

On the old Red plan a Hex B of potato (with skin) was 200g. I liked to spread my 2 HexBs over the day in half portions so would go for 100g - definitely helped with weight loss and 100g of potato is not that tiny an amount. 200g is plenty.

On EE it is just as long as speed is 1/3 so maybe 1/3 chips and 1/3 protein would be a good place to aim for.

SerenadeOfTheSchoolRun Sat 10-Jan-15 14:23:17

If they weren't slimming word chips then they would need to be counted for a syn value. It won't be that high as they are mainly potatoes but will be some syns

iklboo Sat 10-Jan-15 14:31:47

Yes, it's only Slimming World chips that are free. Low fat / oven chips have syns as they're sprayed or coated with oil before freezing to help with cooking.

iklboo Sat 10-Jan-15 14:33:11

100g of McCain 5% fat oven chips is 1.5 syns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now