Talk

Advanced search

Tried and tested SW recipes?

(8 Posts)
SissySpacekAteMyHamster Wed 07-Jan-15 18:00:28

Hi all. After weighing myself in the New Year and seeing a weight I've only ever been when heavily pregnant, I thought I'd better join up again! I am determined to lose 2 stones.

I am an online member and have tried out a couple of recipes.

I made veggie moussaka yesterday and have to day it was bloody awful (I'm a long term veggie and love quorn mince but this was just urghhh).

Today I made the spinach and cottage cheese canelloni and it was lovely. I can honestly say as tasty as any shop bought (although I did use grated low fat cheddar on top as an a choice).

Can anyone point me in the direction of other veggie recipes they've made and enjoyed please.

Thanks. wink

chocoholicanon Wed 07-Jan-15 21:22:22

Hommity pie is very nice so is the SW quiche

tabulahrasa Thu 08-Jan-15 02:33:52

There's a kidney bean goulash that's nice and a sausage casserole where I just swapped whatever sausages it said for free quorn ones, I like the carbonara (again with quorn) but the DC don't. They're all on the website.

I find they don't use enough seasoning and flavouring for quorn in a lot of recipes (either quorn ones or meat with quorn added in) so I adapt what I used to make a bit, so I use fry light instead of oil and marmite instead of gravy granules and that makes a lot of things free that I'd usually cook anyway.

For cheese sauce I either blend 500g of cooked frozen cauliflower with a tub of philli lightest with a bit of stock and syn it or add cheese on top for a lasagne to make an a choice or take half a tub of low low spread as an a choice.

midori1999 Thu 08-Jan-15 10:08:15

The frozen cauli/Philly lightest seems a good idea for a cheese sauce, I'll try that.

I make bacon and butternut squash risotto a lot, although having decided to try and commit to vegetarianism I am making bit tonight without the bacon. I do add a HEa of cheese per person though, either cheddar or Parmesan work.

I make a puttanesca style pasta sauce sometimes. Some crushed garlic, a tin of tomatoes, capers, halved black olives (10 for a syn) and some chilli flakes.

tabulahrasa Thu 08-Jan-15 11:51:10

The cauliflower sauce is good, it sounds all kinds of wrong, but it does work.

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Fri 09-Jan-15 10:23:08

Just bought a load of cauliflower, so will have to give that a go. I also have butternut squash and was looking to do something with that. I do like risotto so may have a go at that too.

Thanks for the ideas smile

badRoly Fri 09-Jan-15 10:33:35

I have a recipe from one of the magazines a couple of years ago that we eat almost weekly now - essentially you roast various veg (onions, garlic, peppers, aubergines, courgettes, cherry tomatoes etc).

When it's all browned, mix it with 1 tin of Sainsburys kidney beans in chilli sauce and a thing of Sainsburys passata with onion and garlic.

The original recipe makes a cheesy type topping with quark but I just grate normal cheese over and use it as either my heA or syn it.

Stick it in the oven and heat through - 30 minutes or so ( can be longer at low temperatures). I often make it in advance and just heat it up when I'm ready. I also freeze it before the oven stage too.

That said, I haven't been 'on' SW proper for over a year so it might be worth checking the Syns on the kidney beans and passata.

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Mon 12-Jan-15 10:22:37

Oooh that sounds lovely thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now