Talk

Advanced search

Saving up Syns? Do you?

(5 Posts)
yippeekiyay2 Sat 03-Jan-15 14:46:08

Hi all,
I am new to sw started New Years day, I am happy to usually have between 5 and 15 as will mainly use for ingredients in cooking and choc! I don't drink much or very often so don't have that taking my syns up...but... When I have a night out or meal out I want to be able to still lose weight that week and having the flexible syns makes it seem less likely. Do people ever save up their syn allowance and use it at weekend etc?

annielostit Sat 03-Jan-15 15:24:00

They don't recommend you do this but I keep 5 a day ish, for the weekends. It depends if you have a little or lot of weight to lose and what you can get away with.
I only have 14lbs and its hard to get away with '_cheats'.

dexter73 Sat 03-Jan-15 16:25:25

I don't bother saving syns for a meal out as the meal/wine would probably come to my weekly allowance! I just enjoy it and see it as 1 meal out of 21 meals in a week, so stick to plan for the rest of those meals.

yippeekiyay2 Sun 04-Jan-15 11:22:20

Hi thx for the replies - Annie I have about 6 stone to lose so probably have the leeway to mess around with the syns a bit, but if I'm going to do that I would need to be a lot more careful with portion sizes as I sat quite a lot of the free foods anyway.
Dexter, you make a good point about seeing the meal out etc in context with the whole week, I rarely go out to be fair, the main issues for me will be when we go away as we tend to go for family weekends away visiting people at least once every 6 weeks, and that 2-4 days of having no control over anything has a really negative impact on me psychologically...another hurdle to overcome anyway!

dexter73 Sun 04-Jan-15 11:31:13

I don't eat out very often either which is why I don't worry about the syns but if every 6 weeks you are going to be having up to 4 days with no control over your food then that is going to be tricky. I guess you will have to make the best choices that are available to you and perhaps accept that those weeks you won't be loosing weight and just try to maintain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now