Talk

Advanced search

cooking pulled piork withthe fat on??

(3 Posts)
time4chat1 Fri 02-Jan-15 09:35:46

this may sound a very silly question, do I have to take all the fat of as the recipe says which would mean destringing then trying to restring which seems a bit of a faf or can I cook it and when cold skim all the fat of?? how do you do yours?? confused

mrsd2014 Fri 02-Jan-15 17:36:31

I attempted the pulled pork recipe and I took the string off the pork. Even doing that, I found it so difficult to cut all the fat off that I ended up leaving most of it on!
Didn't turn out so bad as the smell when it was ready put me off completely (turns out I really don't like pulled pork!). It got hubbys seal of approval though- although he did have to add bbq sauce out of a jar to give it more flavour.

mrsd2014 Fri 02-Jan-15 17:38:16

Also, I don't know how skimming the fat off when it's cooked will work as when it's cooked it starts to all break up and the fat isn't visible. I was able to remove the thick rind of fat no problem, but the joint of meat I had was quite fatty underneath that- not sure if there's a leaner cut I could have had instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now