Talk

Advanced search

cooking pulled piork withthe fat on??

(3 Posts)
time4chat1 Fri 02-Jan-15 09:35:46

this may sound a very silly question, do I have to take all the fat of as the recipe says which would mean destringing then trying to restring which seems a bit of a faf or can I cook it and when cold skim all the fat of?? how do you do yours?? confused

mrsd2014 Fri 02-Jan-15 17:36:31

I attempted the pulled pork recipe and I took the string off the pork. Even doing that, I found it so difficult to cut all the fat off that I ended up leaving most of it on!
Didn't turn out so bad as the smell when it was ready put me off completely (turns out I really don't like pulled pork!). It got hubbys seal of approval though- although he did have to add bbq sauce out of a jar to give it more flavour.

mrsd2014 Fri 02-Jan-15 17:38:16

Also, I don't know how skimming the fat off when it's cooked will work as when it's cooked it starts to all break up and the fat isn't visible. I was able to remove the thick rind of fat no problem, but the joint of meat I had was quite fatty underneath that- not sure if there's a leaner cut I could have had instead.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: