Free on EE?

(18 Posts)
FlatCapAndAWhippet Wed 03-Dec-14 07:19:22

Potatoes
leek
celery
onion
Stock cubes

All boiled and blended into soup. Tastes lovely.
Not sure about the potatoes although I'm reading they're free on EE.
Newbie and want to get it spot on.smile

GinAndSonic Wed 03-Dec-14 07:30:51

Yep, free. Enjoy! and share your recipe

FlatCapAndAWhippet Wed 03-Dec-14 08:05:14

Oooh good!
Nothing to it gin, came in from SW meeting last night, need to do a food shop tonight so chucked it all in a pan to boil added salt and pepper and wizzed it up into a soup for lunch at work.
Tastes good.
(Veggie stock cube and two chicken).
Was going to join after Christmas, really glad I went now. It'll be a long road, three stone ish to lose.

LL12 Wed 03-Dec-14 14:52:21

Sounds good, I don't suppose you have a nice recipe for making butternut squash soup?

FlatCapAndAWhippet Wed 03-Dec-14 19:07:59

I've got a huge one (!) in my veg box. Not made b'nut squash soup but am all for having a go. Will report back LL

Salemthecat Wed 03-Dec-14 20:38:37

I use the slimming world recipe one from the website flat cap.

An onion, few cloves of garlic, a potato and a butternut squash. Fry off the onions and garlic in fry light for a few minutes. Add some chilli flakes. Add the potato and butter squash and fry for about 5 mins. Then add 900mls of veg stock and simmer for 25-30 mins. I then wait a bit and blend until smooth.

It's lovely!

FlatCapAndAWhippet Thu 04-Dec-14 05:47:22

Will try that Salem. Thanks smile

LL12 Thu 04-Dec-14 08:11:42

I will try as well
Thanks

PiratesLifeForMe Thu 04-Dec-14 09:16:43

Highly recommend the butternut squash recipe, I made it last night (and re-joined class after dismal motivation fail last year) and looking forward to it for lunch - so filling you don't even need bread with it! smile

LL12 Thu 04-Dec-14 11:45:25

Salemthecat, what is the name of the website that you got the recipe from please?
I typed in flat cap but couldn't find anything

Salemthecat Thu 04-Dec-14 15:41:12

I got it from the slimming world website LL. It's really good, I've been having it for my lunch most days.

LL12 Thu 04-Dec-14 17:33:50

Thanks, I made the soup today and it was lush

LL12 Thu 04-Dec-14 17:35:24

Sorry, I must have been having a very dumb moment, didn't mean to write "typed in fat cap"

FlatCapAndAWhippet Sat 06-Dec-14 06:27:03

Or even "FAT cap"
shockgrin

Eminybob Sat 06-Dec-14 07:01:45

I'm about to try a butternut squash and sweet potato recipe I saw nigella do, which would be free on ee, she uses olive oil, just swap for fry light:

Chop up squash, sweet potato and an onion, season and add cumin, spray with fry light and roast for an hour until the veg is soft.

Then blitz in blender with enough veg stock to get required consistency.

Going to make a big batch this weekend to have as lunches during the week.

duvetfan Tue 16-Dec-14 19:13:02

I am going to rejoin after Xmas (left when pregnant and living on buttery tosdt and full fat coke).
I grated some fresh ginger into the butternut squash soup too. Made it nice and warm.

Applejack2 Sat 20-Dec-14 21:08:13

Hi,

I am looking around at Slimming World stuff tonight as I want to lose some weight after Christmas :-)
I want to do it from home by myself so I am trying to get my head around it and find some tasty food to eat (instead of chocolate)! I really like the sound of these soups. I have a slow cooker...I guess I could add the ingredients to it and see what happens?

NatalieHarding21 Fri 26-Dec-14 19:42:33

The quantity of chocolates and food consumed has as always been too much compared to the quantity of exercise and activity over the xmas period, really need to get into a solid routine to sort out the unwanted weight and change the diet to a more fulfilling one. Anyone manage to keep a diciplined diet over mas and keep up with the exercise?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now