Talk

Advanced search

my 22.3 stone mission! :)

(871 Posts)
Worryingwombat Fri 07-Nov-14 23:40:57

Hello everyone

I have had some problems recently but to look forward and remain positive I have decided to tackle my weight problem

I join sw last week I was terrified and even more ashamed when I.stepped on the scales 22stone and 3 lb I was mortified!!!!!

Anyhow I went through the plan for week one and I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 5.5lb smile

I was so happy �� I found this section of mumsnet tonight and thought I could use it as a diary and to get feed back on my menus!

Plus loads of hints and tips!! Oh and recipes

Today I had
Scrambed egg on 2 slices of wholemeal toast

Jacket potato with diced ham sweet corn and beetroot

Apple

Slimming world recipe spag bol
Made with Quorn

10 cal.jelly and 2 hi light bars

Xxx

RedorBlack Sat 08-Nov-14 07:01:43

Hi worrying, welcome to SW smile. That's a terrific first week & your menu looks great, just one thing, it doesn't look like there's much superfree in there, you want to aim for 1/3 of each meal to really boost your weight loss.

I've just lost 5 &1/2 stone this year and love SW! I met someone a few weeks ago who lost 10 stone in a year but upping her walking & sticking religiously to plan to focus on where you want to be, not where you are now. Good luck smile

Worryingwombat Sat 08-Nov-14 08:23:34

Thanks.for the tip I am really fussy eater and not a fruit fan at all I will re read book today about the super free

Do you have any recommendations??

Your weight loss is amazing congratulations smile

I know I am at the very very start of a very very long journey!!!!!confused

dexter73 Sat 08-Nov-14 14:55:12

Well done with your loss! Remember to use your syns, up to 15 a day. Maybe to get the 1/3 superfree with every meal you could add mushrooms or tomatoes to the breakfast, mixed salad with the beetroot and sweetcorn, and add chopped carrots, courgettes etc. to the spag bol to add veg but in disguise.

Worryingwombat Sat 08-Nov-14 15:06:39

Thanks for the tips Dexter just preparing big shop for next week so looking at the sw website for more recipe tips with more super speedy foods smile

oneowlgirl Sat 08-Nov-14 15:16:29

Well done for joining & a great first week loss. If you like chicken, there's loads of great chicken recipes & particularly tomato based curries. Also, mince that's less than 5% fat is free & can make loads of nice dishes - spaghetti bolognaise, cottage pie, chilli, hamburgers etc. Add loads of super free vegetables & it's a great way of getting 1/3 super free at each meal.

Good luck!

dexter73 Sat 08-Nov-14 18:52:21

I love a chicken curry. I fry chicken and onions, add curry powder and a can of tomatoes and some cauliflower and simmer for a bit, then at the end stir in a fat free yogurt. It's one of my favourites!

MisForMumNotMaid Sat 08-Nov-14 19:03:58

What foods do you like to eat? Do you enjoy cooking? Do you have a freezer?

I'm 3st 3lb down in five months and ironically eating more than I ever have. About 2.5st to go. The good thing I've just discovered is I can eat out and have the odd icecream etc without piling it back on. I'm loosing weight and still living.

Does your group have a facebook page? I find it really useful for posting success's and failures.

FloozeyLoozey Sat 08-Nov-14 20:06:14

Instagram is really really good for this purpose. Tons of SW followers on there who post pictures of their food and share their journeys.

OneSkinnyChip Sat 08-Nov-14 20:15:39

Good luck with your journey. There are a few people in our group who have lost 9-10 stone and the difference is amazing smile

fruitloopsandfruitshoots Sat 08-Nov-14 21:45:33

Congrats on your first week, 5.5lb is so good, you should be really proud!

I joined SW on Thursday, and I have about 4 stone to lose, though I have set my target to 3 stone as otherwise it would be a bit daunting I think!

Have you tried the SW chips yet? They are great if you are a chip fan! I also like sweet potato wedges smile

FrancesNiadova Mon 10-Nov-14 20:17:25

Well done Wombat, that's BRILLIANT! thanks
For a good super free idea, I like to chop Swede wedges, put them on a baking mat, give a spray of fry-light & sprinkle with dried herbs & dried garlic granules. It's a light alternative.

Worryingwombat Mon 10-Nov-14 22:30:59

Thanks for the support and welcome smile

I made some lovely veg soup for lunch
Carrot
Onion
Leek
Potato
Swede
Veg stock
Boil it and blend!!

It was yum!!

Tea was a sw online recipe turkey pizza melt with fresh salad side
Turkey breast
Sauce as topping made from
Onion
Chopped toms
Chilli
Garlic
Mixed herb
Red pepper diced

Spread on top of cooked turkey breast and top with mozz cheese as healthy a choice or 6 syns
And grill

Hubby loved it smile

Also drinking lots of water!

Things seem to be going well this week so far (from weigh in last thus) already nervous about weigh in this.week would like at least 1.5lb off to add to my great start of 5.5lb so I can cross of that first 1/2 stone!!!

Fingers crossed x

scousadelic Mon 10-Nov-14 22:36:35

Well done Wombat, that is brilliant! Congratulations from another "larger lady" as I know how hard it can be to get started but you have taken the first step which is often the toughest smile

MisForMumNotMaid Tue 11-Nov-14 08:52:01

Have you been online and registered on the slimming world website?

You can enter your progress each week online and it plots you a little graph. After about four weights entered you can add a predicted progress (blue) line which shows you the weight you'll loose over the next three months if you carry on loosing at the same rate as the average of the previous months loss (i think thats how it works).

Soups are great at this time of year. Lots of people at our group get their camera phones out and snap photos of the group copy books at weigh in for more recipe inspiration.

One of the women at out group has come up with the ultimate burger. Its the slimming world burger (less than 5% fat mince, onion, worcestershire sauce and herbs) topped with mozerella (healthy A) then wrapped in lean bacon/ big medallions and grilled. Served in a wholemeal healthy B bun with lettuce, tomatoes and gherkins. All syn free if you use your healthy extras. I accompany it with actifry chips which with one spoon of oil between five of us i probably have about 2 syns worth of the 6 syns/ tablespoon oil.

Its really hard not to stress about the weight loss at each weigh in, particularly in the early days. The seasoned group members get better at recognising that some weeks you have a bit of a blow out and it doesn't show on the scales, others you're 100% on plan and may have a maintain.

I had an odd one two weeks ago when I had a 2lb loss on half term week having been okay with my eating but a bit over syns with eating out a lot, then having been 100% on plan and had a maintain at the next weigh in I felt really flat. It helps to have the little graph on the site because tiny blips don't stand out too much.

Good luck for your first sticker and certificate, who knows you may even get two stickers and certificates and be slimmer of the week.

fruitloopsandfruitshoots Tue 11-Nov-14 12:00:36

MisFor I'm glad you said that about the seasoned group members being accustomed to the highs and lows. Last time I did SW, I stopped going because I had a couple of weeks where I maintained, and I was annoyed because I had been good. This time I am determined to take the rough with the smooth and stick with it for a few months and see how it goes, and from what you have said, hopefully that means that i'll start to feel better about the fact that some weeks you lose and some you don't!

Worryingwombat Thu 13-Nov-14 08:17:07

Weigh in day tonight arrgghhhhh!!!!!!

fruitloopsandfruitshoots Thu 13-Nov-14 16:12:14

Me too wombat! Good luck

MisForMumNotMaid Thu 13-Nov-14 16:57:44

Well having had a really good week fully on plan i'm now 3 st 2.5lb down. Or put another way 0.5lb up on last week. So frustrating. But i'm trying to just accept that sometimes thats how it goes. Next weeks going to be a loss.

On a plus note I tried on a dress i wanted to fit into for Christmas day. Last time I tried it on DH had to help me get it off because it was so tight that I got stuck with it half way off. It fits. Its just a little tight around the hips but still 6 weigh ins to go so I have hopes.

Good or bad next weeks another week and starts here.

fruitloopsandfruitshoots Thu 13-Nov-14 19:48:15

4.5lb down! Yay! Though it is only my first week, so that is probably why. I don't think I can hope for this every week!

That is really good news about the dress mis- focus on that rather than the weight, like you say, next week WILL be a loss!

Hope tonight's weigh in went well for you.

I agree about sw burgers with bacon PP mentioned they are yummy.

One thing i can't get the hang of making tasty is the sw chips

oneowlgirl Thu 13-Nov-14 21:25:47

Well done Fruitloops, that's fab grin

oneowlgirl Thu 13-Nov-14 21:27:52

Ignoreme I could never be bothered with the SW chips as too much like hard work but I do eat the McCain Rustic Oven chips & they're pretty low syn, so not too bad overall!

Worryingwombat Thu 13-Nov-14 22:20:52

Evening all!

Well done fruitloops!! smile

I lost 4lb woo hoo so 9 1/2lb off in 2 weeks!! I am so happy!

Also got my first certificate

PitchSlapped Thu 13-Nov-14 22:26:37

Wow thats amazinng well done! I need to get back on plan but i find it really hard to stay motivated i am piling the weight back on tgat i lost with sw. Think ive forgotten the excitement of a really good loss, must get back on it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now