Talk

Advanced search

Big losers - did you stall mid way if so come & motivate me

(2 Posts)
PhoebeMcPeePee Thu 02-Oct-14 08:32:54

I've lost 2.5 stone, got 1.5 to go but feel like I've stalled & am exactly the same weight I was a month ago hmm.
I lost the 2.5lbs with good steady 1-1.5lb losses over a 5 month period, was very focused & bar the odd unavoidable night out didn't go off plan. I had a break over the summer with the aim of seeing if I could maintain which I did, but since then I've struggled to get the same focus back despite still being desperate to get to goal.

It doesn't help that sept & oct are massive social months (birthdays etc) but I need to get back on plan so any words of advice very welcome.

CrumblyMumbly Sun 05-Oct-14 16:58:12

Hi, this topic always seems quite quiet even though there must be loads of mumsnetters doing SW. You may get more traffic on the Weight Loss one. Funnily enough I have also lost 2.5 stone with 1.5 to go - so well done us for being over halfway to gorgeousness! I suppose it's about getting your head about this being for life not a sprint to the finish line but also not to sabotage yourself in the process. We both know that we don't want to go back to where we were (and I've given all my bigger clothes away!). I go to the group just for weigh in as I can't be trusted to behave otherwise. My weight loss has slowed right down but I keep plodding along and will get there. I've just had loads of birthdays but think you have to plan ahead a bit about what you're going to have - or cut down on syns for the rest of the time. I'm happy to be your buddy if you like and we can shrink together. Keep going you can and will do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now