Talk

Advanced search

Struggling to get in my super free

(5 Posts)
Pembers Mon 09-Dec-13 18:20:14

Hi, I have just started SW, and am struggling a bit to make the 1/3 a plate super free. Any suggestions? And I'm on a budget so can't afford to be buying salad and grapes all the time :-(

midori1999 Mon 09-Dec-13 18:57:15

Does frozen or tinned veg work out cheaper? Or try Aldi for fresh? Asda also have quite good offers on. Sadly, I think it's often more expensive to eat healthily, my bills. Have gone up a lot since being on SW. sad

Dontletthemgetyoudown Mon 09-Dec-13 19:00:19

Some pickles count as long as not sweetened.

I struggled with the 1/3 super free for every meal especially breakfast as I'm allergic to lots of fruits so I found it easier to go the traditional route of red and green days. I lost 8 1/2 stone that way so it does work. It's keeping it off and not self sabotaging myself that's the issue now.

Darkesteyes Mon 09-Dec-13 22:02:30

DarkesteyesMon 09-Dec-13 21:59:44

Found an old slimming world weighing in book of mine from 2009.
Mostly ate pasta then and potatoes no excsersise = 1 stone loss in 3 months.
My 2013 has been loads of veg and excsesise six days a week and superfree annnnnnd drum roll = 1 stone loss in 3 months.

SAME RESULT
superfree? What a load of bollocks. Im allergic to a lot of fruits too. Gives me colic.

higgle Tue 10-Dec-13 13:11:27

Frozen veg is very cheap - I buy frozen broccoli and cauliflower, green beans, spinach and Sainsbury's chargrilled veg. I must say I often have a salad made with carrot, red cabbage, celery and any other salady stuff about in my fridge. None of this stuff is expensive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »