Talk

Advanced search

Vege (occasional pesce) tarian doing Red/Original

(3 Posts)
leezl Fri 15-Nov-13 21:14:11

I'm 90% vegetarian but I eat fish occasionally. I don't eat any other meat, and I don't intend for this to become a discussion of whether that's acceptable or not because I just eat what I feel comfortable with, iykwim?

ANYWAY, I went back to SW this week and sat through the EE spiel, then told my consultant I'd like to follow the Original plan because I have an underactive thyroid (medicated) and I find it very difficult to lose weight eating carbs. She didn't want to entertain this at all, and told me I had to do Green as Original is "all meat". I've done my meal plan for the week and I've managed to fill it with Original days with no days exceeding 15 syns. Any potatoes/beans/etc I do have I'm synning or Healthy B'ing.

Any other vegetarians following Original have any hints or tips? Or just general support? Sorry if this has been done before - I'm new to the slimming boards!

Rockchick1984 Sun 17-Nov-13 15:15:23

I've only ever done EE but I thought red days were pretty much all meat too... You don't have to eat a lot of carbs on EE - fish, fat free cottage cheese, potatoes cooked without fat, beans etc are all free and obviously fruit and veg. Can you give an example of what sort of meals you would eat following red plan as a veggie?

overthebliddyhill Sun 17-Nov-13 15:35:50

Hi Leezl, I am a veggie who occasionally eats fish. On green/ extra easy I lost 2.5 lbs in 10 weeks. On red/extra easy I lost 2.5 lbs in 1 week. Carbs obviously hinder my weight loss. I have been eating more fish than I otherwise would,mainly ready cooked salmon cos I don't like handling raw, and of course quorn (chunks and mince) is free on red.i use recipes that are free on red days and use the quorn instead of the meat. The beef keema recipe is lovely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »