Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this a bd thing..........

(4 Posts)
MMG Fri 12-Aug-05 12:00:24

Usually my 15month old boy goes so sleep in his own bed easily and when he is asleep i leave and he is fine....the last 2 weeks he thinks its fun when he stands up and i lay him back down,last night it took an hour to get to sleep, we did his usual routine etc..he was tired but he just kept messing about so by 8pm i had enough so i got up and said to him i am going to leave the room and stand by your door untill your ready to sleep which i did and as soon as i got to the door he cries.. i waited a few seconds and went back in, i comforted him and i said are you ready to sleep he said yeah so he got back into bed i offered his bed time bottle again but he then started to mess about again so i did the same thing as before, when i went back in i offered him his bed time bottle yet again and this time he took the bottle drank it all and went to sleep almost straight away, abviously it worked but is that a reasonable thing to do or not? i don`t belive in them crying it out but i couldn`t think of any thing else to do to get him to sleep!!!

MarsLady Fri 12-Aug-05 12:19:14

perfectly fine! He'll learn that he can sleep on his own if you leave him to it. Well done you!

Windermere Fri 12-Aug-05 12:47:38

My 1 year old has just started doing this too. He thinks it is a great laugh!

MMG Fri 12-Aug-05 13:31:09

thanks! he just thinks its so funny so it appers that i have to leave the room then go back for him to realise that i`m serious about bedtime, and he understands so much as when i ask him are your tired? are you ready for bed? he says yeah! little devil, its hard not to get wound up :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now