Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

rolling over in sleep

(6 Posts)
Danni05 Tue 09-Aug-05 21:06:35

Hi, my 7mth old has now grasped how to roll over from his back onto stomach, although this is great in the day, apart from trying to change him that is (tips on keeping him still during changes would be great too), he seems to do it during the night and works his way up the cot, he's got a cold at the moment and cant breathe as it is, so dont like the thought of him being on his stomach, is this something he'll get bored of doing, or are we to keep going in to check on him throughout the night????

spacecadet Tue 09-Aug-05 21:09:02

i wouldnt worry too much because, if he can roll onto his tummy, he can roll back, not a lot you can do about it really, check him before you go to bed though, what i do when my dd has a cold is pop a pillowunder her mattress at the head end to raise it a bit.

busywizzy Tue 09-Aug-05 21:35:22

Danni, my DS has also just today learnt how to roll onto his tummy so I canvassed opinions at my post natal group 'just in case'. The majority said that if the baby is in a sleeping bag (mine is) they can't roll so it's OK. The others said that they've accepted that their babies roll onto their tummies and like to sleep like that. I think this acceptance came after many nights of checking, rolling them back off their tummies only for the babies to immediately roll over again.

Once a baby can lift their head off the floor, then I think it's OK for them to be on their fronts?

Danni05 Thu 11-Aug-05 20:42:51

wizzy, he can still manage to roll over in his sleeping bag!!
we left him last night and he slept all night, i think everytime he rolled over and we went in and turned him back he expected it from then on and it wasnt doing either of us any good.

Katemum Thu 11-Aug-05 20:52:36

If he can roll himself over then its time to stop worrying about him sleeping on his tummy.

busywizzy Fri 12-Aug-05 08:38:57

Danni, I'm with Kate. If he slept all night on his tummy, leave him and get a good nights sleep yourself. We all have it so ingrained not to let them sleep like this that I think we get a bit paranoid but at 7 months, he'll be fine.

My friends babies are 4.5-5 months and they've just decided to do the same thing as they said if not, they'd never sleep again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now