Talk

Advanced search

18mo - too much/too late afternoon activity=restless sleep?

(6 Posts)
TracyK Wed 03-Aug-05 08:57:50

Don't know if it's coincidence but ds woke at 2.30am after a busy afternoon at Kids World last week and last night wouldn't settle for ages and then woke at 11pm and 5.20am after a busy afternoon at the sand park.
Both times he was there from 3 till 5.30ish. He does 8 till 12.30 at nursery and then a nap 1-3. Coincidence or too much activity in a day or just not enough wind down time by staying too long?
Should I just have quiet afternoons during the week or let him go to these places and just go for an hour or so?

TracyK Wed 03-Aug-05 09:31:47

bump

bobbybob Wed 03-Aug-05 09:52:03

That's a big day - it could just be that it was all the new stuff got his mind racing and so when he woke up it was too difficult to go back to sleep.

TracyK Wed 03-Aug-05 11:34:01

anyone elses lo not able to cope with this amount of stimulation?

bobbybob Wed 03-Aug-05 20:55:22

Sure - my ds was a nervous wreck by the time my Parents left after a 4 week visit when he was 16 months. We spent the next month having a light routine with me always describing what was going to happen.

My parents always like to "get their monies worth" whereas I stay until it looks like a good time to go.

MMG Fri 05-Aug-05 14:15:22

It could be too much activity as i have noticed with my 15 month old then when i have taken him to the park about 4.30pm he takes longer to settle at night or if dad has been playing with him as dads do and got him over excited bedtime can be a problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now