Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am I getting enough sleep?

(5 Posts)
Lizita Mon 01-Aug-05 19:59:46

I'm fed up of feeling tired & of moaning about feeling tired cos I'm one of the lucky ones -dd is in bed by 7pm and sleeps through till between 7:30-8:30am. But I doggedly make the most of my evenings (though most of them just lazy) and even if I really need an early night I'm not usually asleep till between 11-12. I get woken up about 6:30am by the neighbours upstairs (who also have a baby! ;) ) so I suppose I get about 6.5 hours sleep a night. I just have never felt like I've ever got on top of myself sleep/energy wise since having dd. I used to live for my weekend lie ins and now I don't have them I really struggle. If I go out of a night it takes me at least a week to recover.
My boyf (not dd's dad or living with us) suggested today that maybe there's something else I should be worrying about, like anaemia or something. I told him I'm a single mum & single mums just have tiring lives, but he reckoned i was being pessimistic and that in black & white it looks like I have plenty of time to recuperate!
What do you all think?

helsi Mon 01-Aug-05 20:00:27

no you are not. In my opinion. this sounds just like me and I need more!

Lizita Mon 01-Aug-05 20:07:50

Thank you! Driving me nuts that my boyf just doesn't understand. Although he has a point when he says "Just get an early night!"

hunkermunker Mon 01-Aug-05 20:11:34

Go to bed earlier. I usually don't get to bed before midnight or later and I know I'm not getting enough sleep.

I went to bed at 8.30, read for a bit, and was asleep by 10.15 the other night. Felt AMAZING when I woke up. Keep meaning to repeat the experience, but haven't got round to it yet... Maybe tonight!

Lizita Mon 01-Aug-05 20:16:49

yeah i keep meaning to go to bed earlier and there was one amazing week I managed it nearly every night, to be asleep by 10pm, but tbh although I feel much better during the day I end up feeling resentful about having the only time to myself taken away from me. It's silly really cos i don't really DO anything much in the evenings!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now