Talk

Advanced search

waking in night at 6 months

(6 Posts)
miabl2 Wed 27-Jul-05 09:09:49

Help.. my previously dream baby who has slept from 7pm-7.30am since he was 10 wks old has started waking in the night. He woke at 1.30 on Monday night and 12.30 last night. He falls straight back to sleep again when I go in and give him a dummy. Any ideas as to why he's waking. He started on solids about 3 weeks ago.

shuteye Wed 27-Jul-05 09:48:28

Does he have the dummy when he goes to bed?
My ds would sometimes wake up and cry if he had dropped his through the bars of the cot. He also wakes up if he is cold.

bobbybob Wed 27-Jul-05 10:33:46

It could still be a growth spurt even though he's on solids, it could be teeth, but it's more likely that it's just a phase and you will never know the reason. He will sleep again, honest.

piglit Wed 27-Jul-05 10:40:03

I agree with bobbybob. My 9 month ds has more phases than I ever thought possible. I've given up trying to work out what makes things change, particulalry with sleep, and we just go with the flow. Don't worry - he will go back to sleeping well.

miabl2 Wed 27-Jul-05 12:11:01

don't think its a dummy thing. I can hear him trying to get back to sleep but can't quite turn over. He probably would if I let him cry long enough but I know the dummy will put him straight back to sleep so I just get up. It's just reassuring to know that it's probably a phase.

piglit Wed 27-Jul-05 12:28:36

I also found that ds went through a particulalry difficult phase and couldn't settle himself just as he was learning to roll over. He used to go off to sleep really well (but not sleep through the night) and then all of a sudden he'd take forever to settle - perhaps 40 mins. He got so frustrated and cross and it all seemed to be because he was trying to roll over and couldn't and then when he could roll over he got cross because he couldn't roll back or else he woke up on his front and panicked. It was if he thought "Yikes - where am I? I want mummy!" Perhaps your ds is just becoming more active in his cot? Incidentally, my ds has been a dummy user since 3 months but has decided unilaterally that he doesn't want it anymore. When I do try to put it in he just pushes my hands away or takes it and throws it away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now