Talk

Advanced search

any tips for 6month old teething baby who wakes crying in the night

(7 Posts)
juicychops Tue 26-Jul-05 08:57:54

my ds bottom teeth are coming through and the last few nights he has been waking screaming about 5-6 times each night and i dont know what to do. i pick him up and he falls straight back to sleep but then when i put him down, unless im lucky, he wakes up straight away and continues screaming. any tips to help with the situation? ive been giving him calpol befor bed

TracyK Tue 26-Jul-05 09:12:32

Are you giving the right dosage of calpol or is wearing off too quickly. Or maybe give a half dose before bed and then another half dose during the night.
Is he ok daytime napping and lying down - not an ear infection?
Or take him into bed with you - maybe cold?

Joshuasmum Tue 26-Jul-05 09:21:48

I used to use a teething gel - the only one that appeared to work was Anbesol. It seemed to do the trick until the Calpol kicked in. If they are that disturbed, I don't hesitate to use medication during the night, afterall, we take paracetemol when we have a headache don't we?!

Turtle35 Tue 26-Jul-05 09:51:52

Juicychops I can totally relate, my DD is now 9 months old and has top teeth coming through, it's awful as she is waking every two hours crying/sobbing and I am trying everything to help ease her pain. I am going to see a H/V today and hopefully get some further advice will let you know.

Feffi Tue 26-Jul-05 10:18:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

oliveoil Tue 26-Jul-05 10:37:00

With dd2 - Calpol before bed, calgel in the evening with a cuddle, if she wakes in the night more Calpol and I put her in our bed, she settles far better.

Did this with dd1 also and she does not have any bad sleeping habits. When they are little and poorly, they want mum (or dad) imo.

x

Bluegirl Tue 26-Jul-05 11:35:46

Nurofen before bed worked better for my DS's teething pain (only gave it when pain was very bad like situation you are in now). Calpol didn't seem to help at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now