Talk

Advanced search

help - desperate for sleep - with a twist!

(8 Posts)
bagpussmice Tue 26-Jul-05 08:49:07

it's me that needs help... ever since dd2 has started sleeping through the night a week ago I cannot sleep myself...
She's been a bad sleeper since birth and is now 21 months old and since a week ago I have always got up to her every 2-3 or 3-4 hours at least 3 times a night!!
I don't drink caffiene at all, and always have lavender drops on my pillow and camomile tea before going to bed but I just seem to lie awake at night for hours which is very very frustrating now that I am able to get a good night's sleep!
Has anyone tried Nytol - would it be worth trying something like this? DP has suggested hypnotherapy, but I'm not sure

SenoraPostrophe Tue 26-Jul-05 08:53:52

oh, how annoying.

DH sometimes has insomnia, and nytol (the chemical stuff) leaves you drowsy, but it does work. He says the herbal version doesn't work.

However, have you tried:

- doing more exercise in the day
- having a proper "winding down time" wherin you read a book or something. don't read in bed (so they say)
...that's all I can think of.

It might be your body readjusting or something though - hopefully it'll get better by itself?

kid Tue 26-Jul-05 08:54:32

You can get herbal nytol, my MIL uses them all the time and they do help her sleep. I would give them a try for a week to see if they helped. You need to get some sleep.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 26-Jul-05 08:55:08

are you worrying about anything - is that what's causing it?

bagpussmice Tue 26-Jul-05 09:05:35

thanks SP - I am a bit worried about the school hols as we're not going away, everyone else seems to be and I am thinking alot about how to amuse the kids!
I agree with the exercise - not always possible but will try....
Kid - may try the herbal nytol - worth a go I guess... I have tried a homeopathic remedy Passiflora which doesn't seem to work very well...

TracyK Tue 26-Jul-05 09:08:29

You don't eat chocolate or biccies in the evening do you? I've had to cut them out as they disturbed my sleep.

bagpussmice Tue 26-Jul-05 09:09:57

I do sometimes have a couple of biscuits after dinner - will try cutting that out too...

TracyK Tue 26-Jul-05 09:53:21

I also have a sound machine that I play waves on. I set the timer for 40 mins - but never hear it switch off - so I must be asleep by then.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: