Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just had a bad night

(8 Posts)
Lonelymum Sun 24-Jul-05 11:46:28

Sory, this is about me, not the children.

Dh is away in china, which, alone, is scaring me as he has never been so far from me before, but in this current terrorism crisis, is even more scary. Also, I have 4 children on my own to care for. Also, after leaving the children with parents this evening, I then have to go and oversee, single-handed, the removal of our possessions from our old home to our new. It will take 2 days and I am nervous about it not going right. Then I have MIL staying with me. Dh not back until Friday evening.

Anyway, last night, I had a terrible night. Firstly couldn't sleep as 2 of my children have coughs. Then I did something I have never done before and it really scared me - more now than at the time - I sleptwalked. I was fumbling around the bedroom, unable to find the way out, didn't know where I was or what I ws doing. had a panic attack before I finally twigged where I was and went back to bed. Then ds3 needed a cuddle. Then I had a scary nightmare (very uncoomon for me to remember dreams at all, and I have even fewer nightmares.) I was being chased by a psychopathic rapist. I woke up, my heart pounding....

I feel really washed out today. Really quite freaked out by my sleepwalking. Does anyone esle sleepwalk? I suppose I did it because I was so stressed. And words of comfort? Anything you can say to make me laugh instead of feeling so freaked out?

Lonelymum Sun 24-Jul-05 11:47:41

Sorry for all the typos. Really don't feel myself today.

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 11:52:55

Awww LM

I personally have never sleptwalked but I know people that do nad they say it is quite freaky as they have no control over what they are doing or sometimes don't realise until they're told by someone.
As for the nightmares I can really symphathise with you on that one as I always remember my dreams and if I have a bad one I wake up, like you, heart pounding and panicking. It sticks with me as well during the following day and I can never shake it off.

I am sure yor move will go just fine. It's such a stressful time though isn't it and everything gets on top. Which is why I reckon you had such a bad night.
It's nice you've got someone with you anyway. Any chance of you sneaking out for a few hours and let MIL babysit?

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 11:53:51

Apologies for all the typos too.

Hangover.

Lonelymum Sun 24-Jul-05 11:57:45

Yes the sleepwalking thing was SO freaky! I didn't realise I was doing it until I got up to ds3 later and found my dressing gown on my bed where I remember in my "dream" putting it. It was only then I reaslied I had not dreamt the whole thing but had actually done it IYSWIM. I am terrified of doing it again tonight when I am staying in our old house again. I was so scared, not knowing where I was - you know how it is when you wake up in a strange place and don't know where you are.

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 13:33:17

Sorry, I had to go and see to dd.

When do you move in to your new place or are you already there?

QueenEagle Sun 24-Jul-05 13:47:23

LM, have only just seen this. You poor thing.

I am sure your dream and the sleepwalking is down to stress, deep down you prbably realise this too. Isn't moving house right up there on the most stressful events list?? Your mind is working overtime with all the different things you have to think about just now. It will pass but i know that doesn't really help saying it now. You just need to get through this really difficult time and things will settle.

ds2 sleepwalks occasionally and watching him is actually highly amusing.

By the way, did you have your curlers in and hair net on?

Sax Sun 24-Jul-05 14:50:54

Give me nudge if you want me lonelymum!! anytime whatever the status says! - can't believe you want to laugh when the grouches don't do that!!

this will hack you off lOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now