Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

4 weeks old ... Too young for Sleep Training ?

(3 Posts)
lovinit Sat 23-Jul-05 06:58:43

DD sleep great during the day after feeds but cannot be put down for a nap (1-1.5 hrs after being woken for a feed) at all . I have tried patting and shh'ing and letting her cry for a while, but the cries escalates rather than die down and I feel too cruel too let her cry too long. DD1 was the same and I eventually did sleep training when she was 4 months as i had the time to cope with her during the day and also the spare pair of hands to rock her to sleep. However, now with a 22 month old too, I do not.

I know CC is not on for such a young age, but what are the other options and how long do you think it would take ?

I feel quite low at the moment and am beginning to wish that life was back like it was before she was born which is awful. I know things to get better, but I am not sure if I can sit tight that long before I end up being a bad mum and also bad wife .

Fran1 Sat 23-Jul-05 07:14:13

Oh its only been four weeks, your bound to be feeling extremely emotional so don't kick yourself about the thoughts you are having.

IMO i wouldn't ever wake a sleeping baby1!
Unless of course she is not putting on enough weight.

I'm a bit confused as to when the problem is. Are you waking her at 10pm for a feed or something and then she's not going back? If so, try not waking her and wait until she wakes for her nighttime feed.

Kelly1978 Sat 23-Jul-05 07:32:51

I also wouldn't wake her if you don't have to. At that age you cna't really put them down to cry for too long, although a little while won't hurt if they don't need anything. I've trained my babies by just sticking to very dark lighting and no talking/interration at night. I never take them otu of the bedroom neither, and don't change nappies unless abs necessary. I've sat there rocking them back to sleep quite a lot too. Eventually they seem to get the message that nightimes are far too boring and don't bother staying up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now