Talk

Advanced search

What's changed?!

(7 Posts)
jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 19-Jul-05 08:02:23

Jess would always go to bed between 8 and 9pm and sleep til 7 in the monrning.... 2 nights running now, she has gone down fine, but woke at 11pm, 2am and up for the day at 5.30am!!! I dont know if i can cope with this!!!

What have i done wrong? The only way to settle her is to give her milk, which she downs in one.... she's nearly a year and really doesnt need milk at night, i just dont know what to do!

MarsLady Tue 19-Jul-05 08:05:07

You haven't done anything wrong. They just go through phases.

You can do controlled crying. Give water only, or do like me.....

hand over the milk, pat her on the back and ride through the change.

The DTs are now sleeping through and on the odd night when they don't I hand over the bottle and they go back happy as Larry.

Don't care what anyone else says..... I get lots of lovely sleep.

Good morning petal, this is just a flying visit!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 19-Jul-05 08:07:02

good to hear from you hun.... little madame!

gonna try and cut her daytime sleeps a little bit.... rather than let her sleep as long as she wants, only let her have an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon and see if that helps..... cant go on like this - im shattered!

charleepeters Tue 19-Jul-05 08:07:23

DS is doing exactly this as well so your not alone!

MarsLady Tue 19-Jul-05 08:09:00

The DTs are down to one sleep a day. They tend to sleep late morning, early afternoon. That probably helps.

But as I said.... bottle, pat back.... sleep!

Gotta go, school beckons!

charleepeters Tue 19-Jul-05 08:12:53

I give DS weak juice or water in his bottle and he drinks in his cot them goes back to sleep. he can only hold his bottle if i put it in his mouth though so i cant just leave a bottle in there with him so i still have to wake up everytime

I know how frustrationg it is when yuo feel over the moon when they start going through and then they start waking - especially for you hun with your pg hormones, hopefully our little monkeys will sort themselves out soon!

jamboure Tue 19-Jul-05 08:14:35

Mars I totally agree with you hun.

My dts go to sleep at 7pm and thats them right through till 6.30, if they sleep any earlier - normally 6pm they awake at 5.30am.

They have also been known to wake in the night too but like you its bottle and sleep,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now