Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Getting baby out my bed!

(4 Posts)
Calmriver Wed 13-Jul-05 20:40:22

My precious little dd is almost 11 months old.
As much as I would love to keep her in our bed, she is getting too big!!!!!!
I am now trying to get her to stay in her cot, but she is such a light sleeper, and wakes up so many times.

How do I get her to sleep heavier?

People keep suggesting MEDISED, but I WONT use it!!!!!!!! It's just not natural!

Any ideas

bandbsmum Sat 16-Jul-05 20:57:54

White noise? Try having a radio on, but just out of tune and turned down low. Never tried it personally, but have heard others saying it works.

jenweber630 Mon 18-Jul-05 14:15:32

I use white noise and it works wonders with 7 month ds. Maybe try a sleep sack? Once the summer is over I'm going to get one for ds so he has something to help keep him settled without using a heavy blanket. On top of that, ds was used to sleeping with us and it took me nearly a month to get him comfortable sleeping in his own cot in his own room... Also, do you have a bedtime routine? Maybe change one thing about it at a time until it ends with you putting dd in her own cot? Just keep plugging away and it will eventually happen!

Chuffed Mon 18-Jul-05 15:05:56

Could you fit the cot in your room for a while so that she gets used to it and then move the cot out of the room when she sleeps through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now