Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kids with 4 year age gap - sleep in same room?????

(10 Posts)
desperatehousewife Mon 11-Jul-05 21:20:53

Is this possible or am I living in cloud cuckoo land? Does it only work if the kids are of similar ages (like a 2 year age gap)? For instance a 9 month old and a nearly 5 year old.

WideWebWitch Mon 11-Jul-05 21:21:36

I have a 7.5 yo and a 19mo in the same room. The older one will (and does)sleep throuhj anything though.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Mon 11-Jul-05 21:22:32

i wouldnt personally.... need different amounts of sleep at different times. there will only be 15 months between my two but i wont be letting them share

trefusis Mon 11-Jul-05 21:26:22

Message withdrawn

trefusis Mon 11-Jul-05 21:29:57

Message withdrawn

MaloryTowers Mon 11-Jul-05 21:32:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frogs Mon 11-Jul-05 21:33:38

We have a four-year gap each time (dd1 age 10, ds age 6 and dd2 age 18 months).

Dd1 and ds shared a room from the time the younger one was 6 months. We moved dd2 in with ds when she was 4 weeks old as she was a good sleeper, but v. noisy. Dd1 now has her own bedroom, but has been known to sneak in and sleep in the spare bed with the other two.

It works fine. The older ones sleep through all but the most nightmarish disruption. Your 5 yo will probably be restless the first couple of nights, and after that he'll realise it's nothing to do with him and sleep through it.

tabitha Mon 11-Jul-05 21:37:22

Yes it's possible. There is four year gap between dd1 & dd2 and they shared a room from when dd2 was about 6 months old until she was over 10. In fact when dd1 was offered the chance of a room of her own she initially didn't want it . And the two of them didn't even get on particularly well normally.
Also ds and dd3 currently share a room and he is 7.5 and she is 17 months. Not ideal but needs must, I'm afraid.

desperatehousewife Mon 11-Jul-05 21:40:23

Does it make a difference if they are different genders?

I'm seriously jumping the gun here - I am only 5 weeks preg but I'm trying to sort out how best to divide our house up once we have 2 kids. My DS would be nearly 4 if and when this one is born. I would obviously wait til the baby was sleeping through the night before putting in with DS.

Do boys as they get older though need their own space? At what age would it be a nightmare for them to have a younger sibling in their room (with a 4 year age gap) - particularly if it was a girl...??

tabitha Mon 11-Jul-05 21:54:57

My 7.5 year old son shares with his 19month old sister and is remarkably tolerant of it
Although tbh he only really ever is in his room to sleep. The rest of the time he's either out playing or in the living room with us. Oh, and he's got his gang-hut, maybe that gives him the personal space he needs. As she's definitely not supposed to go in there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now