Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DH sleep patterns

(5 Posts)
Papillon Sun 10-Jul-05 20:10:53

I am concerned about my DH. He frequently puts our dd to bed and falls asleep himself. He used to stay up quite late and liked to sleep in. Now he goes to bed early and lets me sleep in. In fact he suggested this morning, once I had gotten up at 10am, that from now on I can sleep in every weekend.

Is this normal, MNetters what are your thoughts?

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sun 10-Jul-05 20:12:03

Doesnt happen every night here, but DH went to bed at 10.45 last night, i went up at 2am - he got up with Jess at 7am and i got up at 9am!

emkana Sun 10-Jul-05 20:12:45

I read an article the other day which said that nowadays you are truly an adult if you choose to go to bed and rise early. So my dh is clearly still a child, whereas your dh has matured!
Sorry, not much help. Does it upset you?

Papillon Sun 10-Jul-05 20:18:19

Emkana I used to go to bed early... like right now and get up early - so DH is maturing and I am immaturing. Does that make me Mork and him Mindy?

I thought it was just old people who retired early and got up at the crack of dawn.

But does it upset me? Nah of course not, I am gloating mate... till the baby arrives in December I mean how many threads are there by pi§§ed off MNetters whose dh or dp snore whilst they look after the kids all morning!!

jenweber630 Mon 18-Jul-05 14:30:07

Well, on the weekends my dh tends to get up with our son early if I want to sleep a bit more and I think it's quite nice - he rarely gets one on one time with ds - maybe he's doing this so he has more time with your baby? Unless you want to get up early, I would take him up on his offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now