Talk

Advanced search

daytime naps - where? help with SIDS advice

(3 Posts)
vic891 Sat 09-Jul-05 14:09:00

hi all

i know that previous threads on where los should sleep have been pretty emotive to say the least, but wanted to ask one more thing (that was raised earlier but never covered off) - and it's about daytime naps.

is the cot death risk the same for daytime naps as for a full night's sleep? in other words, would the SIDS advice apply equally to all sleeping, and should i therefore have ds near me whenever he sleeps? at the moment he sleeps in his moses basket downstairs (or in his pram on walks) during the day, but he doesn't sleep particularly well - think it's due to light, noises, etc.

also - have started moving up to our room a couple of hours before we go to bed. but maybe this is contrary to the SIDS advice too?

would welcome any help on this. don't really want to open up the whole room sharing can of worms again - more interested in interpreting the SIDS advice and applying it to naps rather than the full night's sleep (ha "full night's sleep" doesn't really work with my 7 week old ).

hercules Sat 09-Jul-05 14:13:17

That all sounds fine. I took it to be different at night time as you are also asleep. Two hours to yourself in the evening sounds a good idea.

Seona1973 Sat 09-Jul-05 22:29:15

here's a link to the SIDS website which you may find useful. In the early days dd napped in her carseat, buggy, etc. We only moved it to her cot when she was a couple of months old, although it depended where we were and what we were up to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now