Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone's 4 yr old still want an afternoon nap??

(7 Posts)
Toothache Fri 08-Jul-05 13:39:59

My ds will have a nap at about 3pm.... he just goes up to his room abd climbs into bed. Then I have to WAKE him at 4.30pm!

On the 2 days he's at Nursery he gets home at 5pm shattered then it's a battle to kee[ him awake til 7pm!

Is this okay?

starlover Fri 08-Jul-05 13:41:38

i used to work with a little boy just like this!
he was the same when he started school unfortunately and realy struggled with it for a while... but he did get used to it and he's fine now!

DaddyCool Fri 08-Jul-05 13:42:34

i'm nearly 30 and i would love to do this!

hard to say you know. if he's used to it, it's probably just what he knows.

naturally (according to that mustached wally on the bbc) we should all have a nap early afternoon. the spanish have always had the right idea.

emmatmg Fri 08-Jul-05 13:43:54

My 6 yr old still falls asleep in the afternoon sometimes.

4yr old would sleep every afternoon if DS3 didn't constantly whack him with all manor of things, Maracass(sp?, you know that things you shake) being his latest weapon.

If it doesn't make bed time hard-work I wouldn't worry about it.

Toothache Fri 08-Jul-05 13:46:07

Phew! Thought I was growing a Sloth!!

Blu Fri 08-Jul-05 13:55:23

DS, 4 next week, struggles with not having a nap. He gets v tired at nursery, and 'catches up' on the days he isn't there.

WigWamBam Fri 08-Jul-05 14:06:57

I wish my 4 year old dd would have a nap sometimes, she gets really tired and grumpy but just won't lie down and have a sleep, and hasn't for the last 2 years. She seems to think she'll miss too much if she naps, and point blank refuses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now