Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly can't get to sleep at 5.5 months

(7 Posts)
Dinker Wed 06-Jul-05 12:03:03

Hi I'm a bit of a lurker round here and now need some advice. My partner and I and DS returned from NZ to live 2.5months ago. We stayed at my folks until 25th of June when we got our own place. Since returning DS has got better and better at sleeping and could get himself to sleep when put down in his cot. Since last Saturday he has been screaming and wanting to be picked up. He still sleeps through the night though. I don't know what's wrong and how to make it better. The Friday night my folks babysat him at their house and that was the last time he got to sleep easily. He also had some injections the Tues before. Could this be it or have we jinxed ourselves by boasting about how well he gets to sleep!

Dinker Wed 06-Jul-05 13:05:57

desperatehousewife Wed 06-Jul-05 13:07:13

prob injections, a feeling of general unsettledness and maybe teething?

Dinker Wed 06-Jul-05 13:12:20

Anything I can do to help him find his rhythm again?

desperatehousewife Wed 06-Jul-05 13:45:35

I used to find when my ds was this sort of age that the simplest thing could screw the routine...the ramifications of a cold could last for a further week with him being unsettled. I wouldn't worry about it - although I'm sure you are just knackered and want some sleep. Feel his gums - are there any hard bits under them? if so, try Calgel or dentinox teething gel stuff.

It's probably just a phase (albeit annoying for you) - You could try controlled crying...?

aloha Wed 06-Jul-05 14:15:10

Same thing happening here to some degree at just turned five months, and a friend of mine told me this am her 6month old was also finding it harder to go to sleep, so I suspect it is normal and part of growing awareness etc.
May also be teeth I suppose. dd is drooling ferociously.

Dinker Fri 08-Jul-05 08:05:06

Thanks guys just needed reassurance. DS seems to be sorting himself out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now