Talk

Advanced search

2 and a half

(12 Posts)
tylersmum Tue 05-Jul-05 19:13:38

i know i have left it really late to stop giving my son a bottle to settle in to bed with at night but is there any advice anyone can give as have just started this evening and it has been half hour not to sure bout what i should be doing?

Donbean Tue 05-Jul-05 19:21:14

Is it too late though, who says?
At 2 i still give my son 3 bottles a day and i will be very very sorry to stop because it is our cuddly time.

tylersmum Tue 05-Jul-05 19:31:20

i know what you mean but have been told by the dentist that need to stop as they are not doing my sons teeth much good. so now am listening to him scream at me from his door

ZoeC Tue 05-Jul-05 19:33:45

probably too late for tonight, but could you do some sort of 'bottle leaving 'ceremony and bring in a fancy cup to replace it - make it something your ds is involved with?

other than that, he will get used to and he will be fine - might take a couple of nights to get used to it, maybe just pop in and reassure him you're there but its' time for sleep and then leave, not too much fuss.

hope he goes to sleep soon

Donbean Tue 05-Jul-05 19:50:26

Do you give him all his drinks in a bottle and if so what do you give him?

tylersmum Tue 05-Jul-05 21:46:45

he only has a bottle at night now and he has milk in it.
i took 45 mins to get him to sleep he then woke up an hour later and it tok bout half hour to convince him to go back to sleep but have been just picking him up and putting him back to bed saying night and that i love him and he is a good boy seems to be working

ZoeC Tue 05-Jul-05 22:11:32

sounds like he's doing really well tylersmum, you too

kama Tue 05-Jul-05 22:27:41

Message withdrawn

tylersmum Wed 06-Jul-05 18:55:58

hi kama have tried alsorts of cutting down mesures but he will just want me to fill it up again so it was not really working to be honest.
he is not asking for a bottle tonight he has had milk out of a normal cup which is a novelty for him at the moment so he is loving it, however he is at this moment screaming at me but i think it is because he so tired due to not getting to sleep till late yesterday.

last night after i settled him the second time he woke at 11,45 it took me 5 mins to get him to sleep and then he woke at 7 this morning

Donbean Wed 06-Jul-05 19:01:56

I am not worried at all about my ds having his bottles, seriously.
I think that he will grow out of them naturally over the next few months. I have made the decision not to buy any more so as the teats wear out they will be thrown away and not replaced.
His teeth are gorgeous and healthy. As far as i can see unafected by drinking from a bottle.
He can drain a 9oz bottle in a minuit or two easily so its not prolonged contact.
Do you think that this makes a difference?
(you have got me worried now!!!)

ZoeC Wed 06-Jul-05 19:43:36

I thought it was really only most damaging when they fall asleep with it in their mouths (like a dummy but with the milk residue).

That said i was really paranoid and took dd1's bottles away at 9 months, poor soul .

tylersmum Wed 06-Jul-05 20:11:19

i think that prelonged use does make a difference yes as ds used to take about 15 mins to drink a 9 oz bottle, but if your son has good teeth i would not worry but just keep an eye on them.

update: he woke ten mins ago went in to see if he was ok but he did not want me there and is now quiet again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now