Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

when is the best time to remove cotbed rails??

(5 Posts)
kelleyh2005 Wed 29-Jun-05 12:13:56

DS1 is 18mnts old, and although i'm not deserate to remove the bars from his cotbed, its been something that i've got to start thinking about.

At what age do you do this?, he has always been a good sleeper, but does tend to sleep sideways at the top or bottom of his cot, any ideas or advice would be great!

bundle Wed 29-Jun-05 12:20:14

took them off dd1's cotbed when she was 2 yrs 10 mths, just before dd2 was born. she fell out of bed loads, put cushions on the floor

elsmommy Wed 29-Jun-05 12:24:22

I took dds off when she was 1 because she hated her cot!!!

Nemo1977 Wed 29-Jun-05 12:29:42

Depends on your child i think I had to remove ds at 12mths as he was trying to vault over the top of it so decided i would rather he be in bed than me picking him up in the morning with a bumped head.
Ds sleeps all sorts of ways but as yet has never fallen out the bed and he is 20mths now. If you do take rails off just but cushions or something on the floor if u are worried..Ds doesnt even have bedrail now as he only used it for 2 mths and thought it was more fun to try and vault over that aswell...sigh Must be in his blood as at the min he is jumping off the couch

LIZS Wed 29-Jun-05 12:44:56

As late as you can get away with ! Unless he looks likely to escape and if he is happy I'd leave it. dd used to turn around and when we removed one cot side (drop side cot) she did drape over the edge a couple of times but never fell out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now