Talk

Advanced search

Found the reason for my early-morning wakening...

(13 Posts)
Pruni Mon 27-Jun-05 09:21:42

Message withdrawn

stitch Mon 27-Jun-05 09:24:17

id do option two.
or maybe sleep in a room at the back of the house so less noise from the milkman.
or talk to the milkman.
maybe im a bit of a wimp, but id rather not upset the neighbours.

foxinsocks Mon 27-Jun-05 09:28:38

the milkman in our street comes at that time - you must be a very light sleeper to wake up. I'm a light sleeper and it woke me up for the first 3 months we were here (didn't have a milkman at our old place) but after a while, I got used to it and slept through.

Don't go to bed earlier, it will just cement your early waking up routine. Keep going to bed at the same time - close all your windows, get thick curtains and eventually, you'll sleep through it (though it will probably take some time).

throckenholt Mon 27-Jun-05 09:31:51

have word with the milkman and ask him to be as quiet as possible for a while so that you can break the habit.

Make sure your windows are shut.

Maybe now you are conscious of what is waking you up you may be able ot sleep through it or just go back to sleep.

Mama5 Mon 27-Jun-05 09:32:31

I would chat with neighbours!

elliott Mon 27-Jun-05 09:37:14

I would use earplugs - the foam ones are soft and i can't see any problem with using them. I am also a very light sleeper and I use one earplug, with my head against the pillow on the other side. We have milk delivered and occasionally I wake up and can't get back to sleep again - usually at times when I'm under stress anyway.
Other things that help me are to be really physically tired - I find exercise really helps me to sleep - and when I wake up, I DON'T look at a clock, I find that if I do that I start thinking, oh no, only an hour or whatever until I have to get up, I'll never get back to sleep....
Personally if a neighbour suggested I stop getting milk delivered because they couldn't sleep I'd think it was a bit unreasonable really.
Do you find you sleep later on Sundays when the milkman doesn't come?

Pruni Mon 27-Jun-05 10:20:23

Message withdrawn

LittleStarsweeper Mon 27-Jun-05 10:26:09

I do know what you mean. When I was heavily pregnant with DS, I was waking around 5.45am every morning. I couldnt work it out either. I eventually heard it one morning. Next door neighbour was getting a lift to work and the chap was tooting him rather than knocking on the door. Rather than upset the neighbour, I took the number off the van and spoke to the Company about it. It did stop. Your best bet is to have a little chat to the milkman, see if he wouldnt mind tip toeing around.

bloss Mon 27-Jun-05 10:31:05

Message withdrawn

misdee Mon 27-Jun-05 10:33:32

i'd be mightily peed if a neighbour complained about milk delivery. i'd say ear plugs.

Harrie Mon 27-Jun-05 21:05:22

Just realised I must be the neighbour from hell!! I have milk delivered three times a week and every time the milkman makes as much noise as possible (he even refuses to change gear in his van so his engine revs like mad) then my dog hears him and goes ballistic, if fact I think the milkman feels let down if my dog doesn't bark. Then my baby wakes occasionally and starts wailing to be fed. Thinking of cancelling my milkman but I would only forget to get it at the shops.

Pruni Mon 27-Jun-05 21:19:30

Message withdrawn

koo Mon 27-Jun-05 21:30:26

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now