Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

SLEEPING &WEANING DON'T MIX!!!!

(7 Posts)
MollyMooMin Sun 26-Jun-05 08:58:11

My DD is now 6 months & we've been weaning her for just over a week. She always slept through from 7-7. She has her breakfast at 7... half a rusk & her usual 8oz bottle, her dinner at 1... 8oz bottle & a little sweet potato/banana, and her tea at 6.30.. 8oz with another half of rusk. BUT, for the past few nights, she's been waking every hour,crying. We pick her up to calm her but as soon as we put her down, she'll cry. She'll sleep from 7pm-approx 11pm, then she starts becoming unsettled......WHY?

Weatherwax Sun 26-Jun-05 09:33:52

Sorry I don't know why but I do sympathise. I was told to start with Baby rice with mine something about it being gentle on their tummies as the food can be a bit of a shock. As its only been a week I wouldn't be too worried but possiblely change the food a bit to see if any of that helps.

Also it might be something else like teething. It goes on and on long before the teeth appear. We used teething powders and calpol on my two and that helped them settle. So you might want to look at other causes.

I hope you get to the bottom of it

MollyMooMin Sun 26-Jun-05 10:38:23

Thanx weatherwax. She's had a tooth through already and luckily it never bothered her coming through.. we were surprised to see it! She tried baby rice for a couple of feeds but hated it....?

Weatherwax Sun 26-Jun-05 11:14:42

Good news about the first tooth coming through so easily I hope they all come through so well but I must warn you that both of mine had problems and sleep time was the time they made sure we knew.

With dd1, now 7, the advice was to start weaning at 4 months and I cant really remember the advice changing for dd2. So what I did at 6 months was feed much stronger foods. I know I used to make a lot of bannana porrige and pureed it but I cant really recall the food affecting their terrible sleeping patterns - I dont think mine have ever done 7 - 7 and I am very envious. I hope somone with more experience can come and give you more useful advice.

monkeytrousers Sun 26-Jun-05 18:27:56

We've found with our 8 month old that from 6 months all the new stuff happening, weaning, teeth (7th one today), learning to roll over, sit up, crawl, stand up etc, etc all brought with them more sleepless nights.

Sorry, I don't want to depress you but to be forewarned...He's Just began to calm down now after mastering sitting from standing. Doesnt get stuck standing in his cot anymore.

Good luck.

vicdubya Sun 26-Jun-05 19:40:44

I would try baby rice mixed with milk & a little pear / apple / carrot puree - no banana yet as it can really upset them - for a few days and see what happens.

I am not a GF fan but she does recommend starting with those, as do others, and that's what I started ds with. I know supposedly at 6 months they are ready for more stuff but it's still going to be a bit of a shock to the system, isn;t it.

Also - try cutting down number of meals, again, if you start weaning at 4 months you only start with 1 meal. DS was still only having 2 meals at 6 months and quite limited things.

HTH

MollyMooMin Fri 01-Jul-05 16:28:25

She's 6 months and even though she has solids 3 times a day with her usual bottle, she only has a couple of teaspoonsful.... not full bananas/potatoes. Do you think this is too much,then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now