Talk

Advanced search

is it bad idea giving dummy at 11 months?

(4 Posts)
sasa15 Fri 24-Jun-05 21:38:40

I was thinking about giving ds 11months a dummy...I don't breasfeed and he sleeps ok but he sucks his teddy bear for nap and bedtime that is always wet and smelly....

I thought he might be better giving a dummy...now..

what do you think?

piglit Mon 27-Jun-05 10:23:32

If you can avoid giving him one then so much the better. We gave ds one at about 3 months because he just wouldn't settle. It worked a treat but I'd love it if he could settle himself without it. Although he doesn't always want it I do worry about the day we have to go cold turkey!

JELLYJELLY Sun 03-Jul-05 21:47:50

If you give him a dummy they normally will spit then out at night and when they need then theywill call on you meaning that you might have to get up several times, i would avoid it at all costs.

Have you also thought about getting another teddy then you can wash one and he might not relise.

DaddyCool Mon 04-Jul-05 09:02:14

following on with JELLYJELLY's comment, night time is a bit of a nightmare if your ds has a cold because he'll depend on the dummy for comfort but won't be able to breathe through his nose. the combination results in sleepless nights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now