Talk

Advanced search

ds screaming in the night wants our bed

(7 Posts)
bumptobabies Fri 24-Jun-05 08:19:39

ds is 22mths and is in our room in his cot.
he has started screaming to come in our bed, i tried laying him down but he gets back up the screaming went on forever.
with dd i didnt have a problem with dd sleeping with me but now im married and theres not much room.
i want to sleep withds and have sggested that we both take it in turns to sllep with ds and the other go on the bottom bunk in dd room,dh is not too pleased.
dd is nearly 11 so he cant share with her as she has school.
heeeeelp.

acnebride Fri 24-Jun-05 08:48:59

not much help - ds at 17 months only wakes up about 1 night in 3 but when he does I find it almost impossible to get him back down without either sleeping on the floor next to his cot, or taking him in to our bed and booting dh out, or going onto the sofabed with him. Just not prepared to do cc at the moment because I think he's teething, although I've done it in the past and will prob have to do it again!!

Sorry to be negative about dh, I think he is right in some ways, but is he any better at getting your ds back down?

acnebride Fri 24-Jun-05 08:49:51

Sorry, just saw that ds is in your room. Have you tried putting him elsewhere, if there is anywhere? I've never managed to keep ds out of our bed if he's in the room with us on holidays etc.

TracyK Fri 24-Jun-05 09:35:08

what about taking the side off the cot and bumping it right up to your side of the bed?

bumptobabies Fri 24-Jun-05 21:14:27

there is knowhere else for him to go.
i think ill try taking the side of the cot and see what happens.

TracyK Sat 25-Jun-05 19:52:23

how did it go last night?

bumptobabies Sun 26-Jun-05 10:26:43

it didnt forgot to sort out the cot so will try tonight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now