Talk

Advanced search

DD went to sleep for first time on her own ... so proud

(11 Posts)
Slave2Babe Sat 18-Jun-05 20:46:37

after just over an hour of cuddling and putting her on her back when she stood up at the bars, dd has finally gone off to sleep ... had to stroke her tummy and calm her but eventually she rolled on to her side and slipped into (what i hope is) a deep sleep ... so proud of her

Donbean Sat 18-Jun-05 20:57:20

Well done you!
It really is an achievement and a small victory.
Did you hear of this technique from the baby whisperer or some thing similar, it sounds like the pick up put down technique thats all.

RTKangaMummy Sat 18-Jun-05 21:04:23

DEFFO BRILL

Slave2Babe Sat 18-Jun-05 21:14:42

yeah it was pick up put down ... well it was more move dd from the bars and lie down ...

tried it before but she would always get really worked up when i lay her down ... was pretty painless tonight

Donbean Sat 18-Jun-05 21:15:53

fab picture BTW, she is a cutey.

Slave2Babe Sat 18-Jun-05 21:17:42

thanks ... i know it sounds silly but i am just so happy with her ...

Donbean Sat 18-Jun-05 21:18:55

Not silly at all!
Is she your only one?

Slave2Babe Sat 18-Jun-05 21:21:58

yep

Donbean Sat 18-Jun-05 21:24:34

Ah, how many times have you popped your head round to check on her...or watch her sleep?!

Slave2Babe Sat 18-Jun-05 21:28:08

hahaha ... rumbled!

i know where all the squeaky floor boards are now - after 7.5 months! - so havent disturbed her

Donbean Sat 18-Jun-05 21:31:38

Hehehe!
My ds is 2 next month and we still go into his room and just gaze at him sleeping, smiling at each other like morons complimenting each other on how clever we are making such a gorgeous scrumptious little chap.
I cant settle down until i have checked him and kissed him.
Its lovely isnt it, bieng a mum. (gush,gush,gush!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: