Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me about the 'No cry sleep solution'

(5 Posts)
RuthChan Mon 09-Nov-09 21:54:30

DS (12 months) is breast fed and usually feeds to sleep. Recently I have cut out night feeds, but am struggling to get him to sleep in the evenings. He is really clingy and often wakes up screaming as soon as I put him in his cot.
I have heard that the No Cry Sleep Solution is a good alternave to CC. Can anyone please tell me a little about how it works and what I should do?
Thanks.

hanaflower Mon 09-Nov-09 21:58:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

giddykipper Mon 09-Nov-09 22:00:06

It works by very slowly and gradually withdrawing. For example, the steps might go:
1. Feeding to sleep
2. Withdrawing nipple just before falling asleep, but cuddle until asleep
3. Withdrawing nipple while still awake then cuddling to sleep
4. Cuddling to sleep lying down in cot
5. Hand on baby while falling asleep
6. Sitting next to baby while falling asleep.

I'm sure you get the picture. If at any stage things go downhill, then you go back a step.

It worked for me and DS, but it does take a while.

It is worth getting the book because there are suggestions for dealing with specific situations.

RuthChan Mon 09-Nov-09 22:00:20

I doubt it. I live in Beglium and I don't think they'd stock such a wide range of English books.
Do any of its main ideas stand out as being particularly useful?

RuthChan Mon 09-Nov-09 22:02:55

Thanks Giddykipper. That makes sense.
I have recently got to the stage of cuddling to sleep rather than feeding to sleep, but DS won't accept any further withdrawl at all on my part. He screams if he goes anywhere near his cot while even slightly awake, even if I've got my arms around him.
I suppose it'll just take some time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now