Talk

Advanced search

Tonight is theeee night! END of co-sleeping, wish me luck!

(10 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Mon 09-Nov-09 12:45:01

DD, 11 months is being kicked out tonight grin

Into her own cot,

She will have her own duvet and pillow and in some pretty underhand tactics I have purchased an Upsy Daisy bedding set to pursuade her that her own cot is a truely, truely wonderful thing grin

She will scream and scream and scream <sweats>

Wish me luck~!

EyeballsintheSky Mon 09-Nov-09 12:46:27

Good luck! I am about to do the same with my 21 month old so think of that if it gets tough. You don't want to be me!

Where did you acquire Upsy Daisy cot bedding btw?

TheProvincialLady Mon 09-Nov-09 12:48:05

I started that yesterday with my DS2 last night (are they really 11m already? I thought yours was born after mine) and it lasted exactly 1 hour and 47 minutes, of which he was awake and screaming for 1 hour. So good luck with thatgrin

Disenchanted3 Mon 09-Nov-09 12:49:29

screaming for 2 hours almost?? I'm having 2nd thoughts!Well I just say 11 months as its her birthday next month.

teameric Mon 09-Nov-09 12:53:55

good luck! remember having to do this with my DS when he had just turned 3, twas a nightmare!
don't give up and stick to your guns as it's so worth it in the end though!

TheProvincialLady Mon 09-Nov-09 14:24:05

Sorry, I wasn't being pedantic, I was just thinking gawd where has the time gone?!

Does your DD co sleep the whole night or just part? It's probably easier if just part.

Disenchanted3 Mon 09-Nov-09 14:36:00

Lol, sorry I sounded a bit rude there! sorry

No she comes to bed with me and stays the whole night,
never been in her cot! :S

Disenchanted3 Mon 09-Nov-09 14:54:51

Its gone too fast shes doing all sorts now

TheProvincialLady Mon 09-Nov-09 17:41:18

Same here, I think it is going to be a NIGHTMARE getting him to sleep in the cot but I really don't want him in my bed forever like DS1.

Does your DD sleep? My DS used to be a fab sleeper but then something happened - teeth I think - and that was itsad

FreeTheGuidoOne Mon 09-Nov-09 17:43:51

I did it with dd at 2.3ish. Was dreading it. Was very straightforward. Not a tear, all smiles.

So, it may not be that terrible. At 2.3 though she was able to understand what was happening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now