Talk

Advanced search

back to sleep...

(3 Posts)
pookamoo Fri 06-Nov-09 22:30:32

Does everyone still put their babies down on their backs after they have learned to roll over? DD is 11 months and has been sleeping on her front or side ever since I knew she could roll. She much prefers it and settles far quicker if I put her down on her front or side than if I put her on her back - she'd only roll onto her front anyway!

Just wondered?

<I do know all the advice is to put them to sleep on their backs and I did always do that until she was rolling>

IslandIsla Fri 06-Nov-09 22:40:54

Since about 5 months I have put DD down on her side. She usually rolls straight to her front. She first rolled at 3 months and started rolling consistently (iyswim) at 4.5 months. For a few weeks I kept putting her on her back, but then she got a cold and absolutely hated being put on her back and since then I got into a habit of putting her on her side. She's 7.5 months now and a very 'active' sleeper, always in a different position everytime I check on her! Very occasionally I find her sleeping on her back!

Meglet Fri 06-Nov-09 22:47:27

My two were weirdly 'rolly' and rolled from 4 months, I always put them to sleep on their backs but let them roll if they wanted to and prayed they would be ok. They had gro-bags and a cool room though and I used to check the temperature all the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now