Talk

Advanced search

Cold fingers

(11 Posts)
Chica31 Fri 06-Nov-09 18:31:11

I know this is a daft question but my daughter has freezing cold fingers when I go to get her in the morning. Could I put little gloves on her? But I guess she would just pull them off. What do you do?

roslily Fri 06-Nov-09 18:41:07

I am interested in this as my ds is the same! A few times I have put mittens on him!

Chica31 Fri 06-Nov-09 18:48:52

She is 6 months. It is only just starting to get cold here at night, we live in Spain. But it does get really cold in January and February. I am starting to get worried, the heating in our house is terrible and costs a fortune.

Chica31 Sat 07-Nov-09 18:19:43

bump

strawberrie Sat 07-Nov-09 21:11:37

My daughter is nearly 7 months and has been wearing mittens to bed for the last month or so, as her hands were icy cold (she still wakes for a feed most nights, and I was/am trying to eradicate any reasons for her to wake up!) Somehow they do stay on, and it doesn't seem to bother her. She still wakes up most nights though hmm

strig Sat 07-Nov-09 22:03:22

You could get the all in one sleepsuits with turn over scratch mitts. My DD is only 2 months old and she suffers from cold hands in the night and these work perfectly. I know Next sell them in 0-6 months sizes - so may be too small. Bonds Wondersuits from Australia have them in bigger sizes as I used them with DS. You could look online for some!

pippa251 Sun 08-Nov-09 06:47:15

I have the sleep suits with scratch mits from matalan- 3 for £7 but her hands still get cold. I recently bought some mits from mothercare £4.50 I think for 2 pairs and they really work when out in the pram- haven't thought about wearing them at night yet- will do though!

Jojay Sun 08-Nov-09 07:09:06

I used to put warm socks over Ds2's hands when he was little. They stay on better than scratch mitts and are less fiddly than gloves.

Ds1 never got cold hands. Weird.

meep Sun 08-Nov-09 07:58:34

Cold hands doesn't mean that your dd is cold. Test by touching teh back of her neck or her tummy. If that is warm then she will not need gloves!

Chica31 Mon 09-Nov-09 13:52:44

yes she is warm if I touch the back of her neck, but cold hands and this morning cold feet, even though she had a baby grow a long sleeved vest and her gro bag. Do you think she has circulation problems, or am I just being neurotic as usual? Thanks

Chica31 Mon 09-Nov-09 13:53:33

DD is 24 weeks and generally sleeps all night,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now