Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

You know your tired when...

(30 Posts)
vicdubya Thu 16-Jun-05 21:39:14

You put the teabag in the mug, stand by the kettle waiting for it to boil and then take the mug to the sink and fill it up from the cold tap....

aaaggggghhh been up since 5.30, must go to bed NOW!

vicdubya Thu 16-Jun-05 21:39:46

And you can't spell you're

puska Thu 16-Jun-05 21:40:56

pmsl - night!

CheekyGirl Thu 16-Jun-05 21:47:51

....You put the teabag in the mug, stand by the kettle waiting for it to boil.... and realise you haven't actually switched it on!! Stood bleary-eyed for 5 whole minutes before I realised.

.......You fall asleep playing tents with your 4 yr old on the sitting room floor.

........you dial a number, it rings and you forget who you're ringing (does anyone else do this, I do it all the time!)

toothyboy Thu 16-Jun-05 21:48:41

I used to look longingly into the cot and wonder (seriously) if it would take my weight!

thedogmother Thu 16-Jun-05 21:49:05

when you take your son to bed and HE reads his story to YOU, while you quietly doze z. .z.z.

Skribble Thu 16-Jun-05 21:50:13

You fall asleep at the cinema with your kids and they have to wake you up at the end and tell you what happened.

Brighteyes Fri 17-Jun-05 11:04:28

You only realise at the end of the day that you've put both your bra and knickers on inside out

colditz Fri 17-Jun-05 11:07:55

When you stand in Tesco dithering for 15 minutes over pork or chicken!

AnotherHelen Fri 17-Jun-05 14:36:26

I spend my life wondering round the house wondering 'what did i come in here for???' my mum says she does it cos she's getting old but i do it all the time and im only 26!!! and yes cheekygirl im ALWAYS dialing numbers and forgetting who the hell i just rang! its bonkers isnt it? i wonder what im going to be like when im really old and SUPPOSED to be like this then?? xx

Tipex Fri 17-Jun-05 18:45:46

I drove myself and DS into town the other week, shopped and then got the bus home which was a right palava with pushcahir etc and I moaned all the way home, then moaned at DH who said 'oh dear, why didnt you drive....where is your car by the way....DOH!!It cost a fortune in car park ticket!!!

paolosgirl Fri 17-Jun-05 18:47:41

You stick on a video for them, and put them in front of it with a selection of their favourite 'treats' just so you can get your head down for an hour - and then put on another video when the first one finishes

LGJ Fri 17-Jun-05 18:59:17

A while ago, I was so tired in work , that I went into the toilets, put the seat down, set my phone alarm for 10 minutes, and went into a sleep/doze

Felt great afterwards

katierocket Fri 17-Jun-05 19:00:59

tipex - HA, love it.
LGJ - fantastic

welshmum Fri 24-Jun-05 14:32:48

You suggest playing Sleeping Beauty with dd - as long as you get to be Beauty - you then lie on the floor with your eyes shut for as long as possible and make dd be the handsome prince several times over. (did this last night)

nailpolish Fri 24-Jun-05 14:33:53

you know you are tired when you are driving and indicate to go round the bend in the road...

Harrie Fri 24-Jun-05 20:01:14

When you can't even walk in a straight line, trip over your own feet and your 21 month old says 'mummies drunk'.

vicdubya Fri 24-Jun-05 21:35:26

ha I do loads of these...

lol NP I have done that recently....

Tipex, psml....

Just going through a fairly non-tired phase...just to make you all jealous, ds has been sleeping really WELL in this heat.

vicdubya Fri 24-Jun-05 21:35:55

Oops I am really pmsl

wonder what psml stands for....

Caligula Fri 24-Jun-05 21:44:46

You're asleep and you dream about being tired...

morningpaper Fri 24-Jun-05 21:48:40

... You learn the art of leaving your bed and peeing in the loo without actually opening your eyes.

morningpaper Fri 24-Jun-05 21:49:18

... Last week I was making my breakfast and calmly sliced a banana into my cup of tea.

bran Fri 24-Jun-05 21:56:26

When you soothe ds by stroking him gently while you're still asleep, only to have dh wake up wondering why you're stroking him in the middle of the night. (ds was in his cot in his room in case you're wondering.)

Nightynight Sat 25-Jun-05 12:06:43

...you just realised that you shouted "F*ck off!" at a fly that flew into the fridge

kama Sat 25-Jun-05 12:11:34

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now