Talk

Advanced search

7month old - major problem with daytime naps

(4 Posts)
jasperc163 Tue 03-Nov-09 13:14:21

DD2 sleeps v well at night but is bf to sleep. During the day she requires bf, pram or car to fall asleep and then only for about 30 mins sleep cycle 2x a day. She is knackered.

DD1 was not bf for long due to terrible reflux and was on a GF type routine from about 2 months. I did leave her to settle herself etc and did a degree of CC as she wouldnt settle if you even stayed in the room. She was a pretty good sleeper.

For some reason (i am assuming the bf) i could deal with DD1 crying (we got so used to it becasue of the reflux) but not DD2 who has always been fed when upset etc.

So now I have an overtired baby that I really think i am not helping at all. She is at a childminder 3 days a week and is the same there - 2 sleeps in the pram. If i try to put her down even slightly awake she freaks and doesnt respond to any degree of patting or shushing. So she goes back on the boob.....

So I need help!! My experiences with DD1 do lead me to think that she just hasnt learnt to self settle but I can't seem to find a gentle way of teaching her. Maybe i will just have to resort to CC ?

help please?

viennesewhirl Wed 04-Nov-09 11:36:42

What times are you trying to get her to nap?

Lizum Wed 04-Nov-09 21:28:38

DS used to breastfeed to sleep for naps until around 7 months. Then one day he started fussing around and getting upset. I tried putting him in his cot and leaving him for a few minutes then went back and fed him again and he settled. This happened for a few days until he'd just cry for a couple of minutes then settle to sleep.

jasperc163 Fri 06-Nov-09 14:44:08

She tends to want to sleep around 9 ish (wakes at 6.30am) but its only for 1/2hr, then again after lunch - but again only half an hour to 40 mins ie one sleep cycle.

Lizum - you give me hope but I have doubts it will happen anytime soon! The bigger problem i think is that she cant settle herself back to sleep after one sleep cycle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now