Talk

Advanced search

6 weekold sleeping too much?

(10 Posts)
littlelass0 Thu 16-Jun-05 12:58:35

Hi my DS hasbeen waking in the mornings and staying awake for 1-2 hours hewill then have a feed and sleep for up to 3 hrs. Then he will wake teatime for for another hour or 2. Fall asleep again and wake up around 8ish for another hour before settling down for the night.Waking up for 3 feeds during the night.{i'm breastfeeding}
The last 3 days though he's been sleeping most of the day only waking to feed and still sleeping well at night.Is this normal? I'm a little worried

Aragon Thu 16-Jun-05 13:00:53

Hi there,

How is he feeding? This sounds alot of sleep. It might be worth asking your GP to take a look at him even if just to put your mind at rest.

nailpolish Thu 16-Jun-05 13:05:38

that sounds fine - my dd was the exact same and i would start a thread every 2 weeks entitled 'my 6 wk old' 'my 8 wk old' etc etc i was so worried.

i was really worried, but she is fine and healthy and 7 mths now and still sleeps a lot.

please dont worry

littlelass0 Thu 16-Jun-05 13:09:23

he is feeding well and seems perfectly healthy otherwise, no exsessive crying, he's really quite contented

Kidstrack2 Thu 16-Jun-05 13:09:41

Yeah sounds like my dd nearly 2yrs ago! Would only start to worry if baby wasn't waking for feeds! But baby sounds happy to feed and then nod off, enjoy it while it lasts!

littlelass0 Thu 16-Jun-05 13:10:45

Do they go through a growth spurt at this age, thought maybe that was why he needed more sleep

nailpolish Thu 16-Jun-05 13:12:47

maybe thats it littlelass, maybe not physically, but think of all the things he has to take in about the world around him!

im getting all broody now for a tiny baby...

Kelly1978 Thu 16-Jun-05 13:14:41

The go thru wakeful periods and sleepy periods, it is perfectly normal. I can be linked to growth spurts, and is nothing to worry about as long as he is still feeding well. I'm on my third and forth babies, and they've all done it.

littlelass0 Thu 16-Jun-05 13:18:25

thanks for the reasurrance i feel alot better now he is may second buut for the life of me i can not remeber how my first DS slept at this age, his 6 and has always been a good sleeper so maybe it runs in the family, thanks again

throckenholt Thu 16-Jun-05 13:19:30

sounds ok to me - mine often stayed awake for only an hour, and slept for 2-3 hours. As long as he is growing, and has plenty of wet nappies I would say he is fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: