Talk

Advanced search

Really really upset in his sleep???

(3 Posts)
backintraining Tue 03-Nov-09 08:40:31

I wondered if anyone's LO had done this, or whether you could give me a clue as to what it might be.

DS is generally fine when it comes to sleep, but for the past week or so he has had bouts of crying uncontrollably in his sleep. Generally around 2am and 4am (last night it was just the once at 2am). He is absolutely sound asleep when he is doing this and a little stroke of the head sooths him but I wondered what it was.

I was at the doctors yesterday (not for this, for something else) and I happened to mention it, I thought he might be in a bit of pain because he is cutting his top two teeth. Dr said that teething gets blamed for everything, it probably wasn't that, he was probably just having a nightmare?

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Tue 03-Nov-09 10:13:29

I take it DS is a baby still. My DD did this. I think they are dreaming about the day and reliving bits of it, so if he did any crying he is just reliving it. If he wakes up happy and is soothed by your touch then try not to worry.

backintraining Wed 04-Nov-09 13:47:38

Yep, sorry, should have mentioned. He's 9mo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now