Talk

Advanced search

Daytime sleep routine at 7 months

(4 Posts)
shish Fri 30-Oct-09 15:25:45

My 7 month old ds2 just can't seem to find a rythm for his daytime naps. Just when you think he's gona be a little bit predictable - it all goes out of the window!

Do your 7 month olds have a routine in the day yet??

strawberrie Fri 30-Oct-09 20:20:27

I've got at 6.5 month old DD, and she had quite a nice little pattern but a combo of starting weaning, and growing up a little bit has knocked us off, so we're in a bit of flux too.

She wakes around 7.30 am, and is usually back down around 9.30 for 45 mins to 1 hour. After that it goes pearshaped; she might sleep around 12.30, or sometimes not until 2 pm.

I'm finding if her lunchtime sleep is later, there's not enough 'time' for her to have a late afternoon nap and so she's cranky and knackered by say 5.30 and so not interested in dinner and doesn't enjoy bath& bed time.

Ideally she'll sleep at lunchtime and then again at 3.30/4 pm but I don't always manage that, and she definitely doesn't sleep as well in her pushchair as she did in the carrycot.

iwantitnow Fri 30-Oct-09 20:45:09

7 month DS wakes any time between 6-7am, naps at 9.30am after I am back from pre-school for 45mins - 1.5hours (usually depends on the night). He then sleeps again at 1.30pm for 1.5-2hours I am never back from collecting DD from pre-school until 12.45pm and I find that having a nap at 1.30pm then allows him to last until bedtime. He gave up his 4pm third nap at just before 7 months.

It all goes up the spout if he doesn't sleep in his cot but in the buggy.

shish Sat 31-Oct-09 20:56:22

He has the night bed time sorted and has had for a very long time - it's just the in-between that's all gone a bit wrong. I'm hoping he will settle down into 2 predictable naps soon wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now