Talk

Advanced search

Trapped wind = no sleep for me EVER........

(5 Posts)
Worrier28 Wed 28-Oct-09 08:50:07

Morning all

I have probably posted about this before, my DS has been windy since birth and is 6 1/2 months, I thought once he was able to sit up it would rectify itself like magic.

So basically, he refuses his bottle during the day but takes his solids (still gets trapped wind). Goes to bed around 6/7 gets up an hr later takes one oz, screams, I give him his dummy as he is impossible to wind, he squirms, I rub his back, he falls alseep, and this continues until 7am or earlier. If I try and wind him, he screams arches his back etc.

What should I do, HELP, I really want some sleep and to relieve him of this wind thing and feed better.

Infacol doesn't really help, gripe water is good but hard to get it to him during nightfeeds.

Also posted in breast/bottle feeding.

earlycomputers Wed 28-Oct-09 16:13:28

how long did you try infacol for? it can take 2 or 3 days to work its magic.

stainesmassif Wed 28-Oct-09 20:03:32

hi
sorry you've been having a hard time for so long
have you tried colief? worked really well for us.
however, once i took ds to a cranial osteopath his trapped wind disappeared. i wish i'd done it at four weeks old when he developed colic. also worked on me. (not for trapped wind though)

littleweed10 Thu 29-Oct-09 13:33:58

second cranial osteopath.
she also recommended we prop up the cot at one side, as DS might be better on a slope,re trapped wind....we do do it, and he doesn't have wind at night (touch wood) anymore. grown out of it, or the slope worked !!

Worrier28 Thu 12-Nov-09 10:42:26

Is the temperature of the milk a factor, he takes a few ounces and it just seems to get stuck?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now