Talk

Advanced search

7 week old doesnt want to sleep in moses basket

(4 Posts)
ellliebelle Mon 26-Oct-09 15:16:57

I am breast feeding my 7 week old which has in its self had its challenges.

Up until now sleep hasn't been too much of an issue DD was swaddled and slept in the moses basket with a couple of nights co-sleeping.

Co-sleeping is not really something I feel comfortable with or wanted to do.

However we stopped swaddling the middle of last week and have had horrendous nights ever since she has been waking to feed every hour from 3am, unless i put her in our bed after the first feed. If she does come in with us after feeding at 3 she will sleep until 7am.

I just don't know what to do I really want to settle her in her moses basket but could do with some advice please.

rubyslippers Mon 26-Oct-09 17:20:21

just re-swaddle her

most babies like it until they are 3 - 4 months old

my DD is 3 weeks old and swaddling really helps her to settle IME

ellliebelle Mon 26-Oct-09 22:37:56

thanks ruby we had stopped due to being informed it could harm development, however after doing lots of research today it appears that she should be fine still swaddled.

We tried tonight but it took a long time to settle her resulting in taking the swaddling off her but i will put it back on when i go to bed.

One of the issues we have faced tonight is that she has slept so much in the day she is not tired to settle in bed until 10ish

overmydeadbody Mon 26-Oct-09 22:41:07

Go with what your DD seems to want.

If she doesn't like the moses basket, don't try to get her to sleep in it.

If she gets more comfort from swaddling then continue to do that.

Or if she sleeps best in bed with you then allow her that.

Her sleep habits are going to keep changing as she gets older, so something might work for a while and then you will have to change as her needs and wants change too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now