Talk

Advanced search

Standing in Cot!

(15 Posts)
jessicasmummy Tue 14-Jun-05 16:13:47

Well Jess has finally mastered the art of standing in her cot - but how the hell do i stop her?!

I put her up for a nap now and by the time ive hit the bottom step she's standing up chattering away to herself. I know she's tired, but how do i get her to stay laying down?!

Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 16:14:28

Just leave her - she'll lie die to go to sleep when he's ready

jessicasmummy Tue 14-Jun-05 16:14:29

and should add, she does it with her gro-bag on!!!

Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 16:15:01

oops really should preview my posts that SHOULD read

"She'll LIE down to go to sleep when SHE's Ready"

jessicasmummy Tue 14-Jun-05 16:18:44

bump as busy!

Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 16:19:29

honestly - you should just leave her - DS2 was forever standing up (in his grobag) - still does it now, but gets 'bored' aftere a while and lies down and does to sleep

jessicasmummy Tue 14-Jun-05 16:20:32

she is now crying rather than chattering... do i go up?!

Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 16:22:05

You could do - but she's probably just forgotten how to lie down again......give her a minute or two, and if she's getting really upset go and lie her down, otherwise sit tight

Lizzylou Tue 14-Jun-05 16:25:03

My Ds did this all the time, then he would just settle down for his sleep.......
Grobags don't last forever, DS literally kicked his way out!!!!

jessicasmummy Tue 14-Jun-05 16:26:07

gone up, laid her down again, cried til i got to the bottom of the stairs and all is quiet at the moment.... touch wood.

Chandra Tue 14-Jun-05 16:26:40

Oh! how cute, I agree with Gwenick.

jessicasmummy Tue 14-Jun-05 16:32:36

still quiet.... but will i have to go and lay her down everytime now?!

maybe she was scared?! i dont know!!!! USELESS MUMMY!

Lizzylou Tue 14-Jun-05 16:33:47

YOu're not useless, your little one is just changing and growing up!
DS used to do this all the time, all that stair work was great news for my wobbly thighs!

Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 16:51:25

no you won't have to lay her down everytime, it could take a few times until she realises that she can lie down on her own to go to sleep - you're not useless -

lunarx Wed 15-Jun-05 09:50:47

ds was a master at standing in his cot, with his grobag on too. if he wasn't crying, i would just leave him to it, he would eventually lie down and sleep..

you AREN'T useless!!!!! she will soon learn how to lie down from standing and if she cries, make sure she is okay (ds would sometimes lose him balance and fall and bang his head on his cot.)
then just leave her be... =)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now