Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for Sat night/Sunday evening when the clocks go back - DS1 is a 6am riser and I DO NOT want to get up at 5am!!

(16 Posts)
Ceebee74 Fri 23-Oct-09 20:46:00

Basically as the title says - what do I do tomorrow night? Let him go to bed at normal time and just accept that Sunday is going to be hellish??

DS1 is 3.3 btw.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 23-Oct-09 20:47:27

Marking my spot!

Feenie Fri 23-Oct-09 20:48:35

I put ds (3.10) to bed at 8.30 tonight, instead of 8.00, and it will be 9.00 tomorrow. He gets up at 6 too!

Ceebee74 Fri 23-Oct-09 20:58:11

Feenie bit late to know that now wink as DS1 is already in bed!! I couldn't have kept him up any longer as he had been at nursery all day and then to a birthday party so was shattered.

His normal bedtime is upstairs at 7.30ish and lights off at 7.45.

Never had a problem with him before when the clocks go back....but he has just started getting up at 6 every morning over the last couple of weeks. No idea what has changed (it used to be at least 6.30 which somehow seems slightly more bearable hmm)

witchwithallthetrimmings Fri 23-Oct-09 21:00:58

change the clocks in your house after lunch

ChickandDuck Fri 23-Oct-09 21:03:44

Place marking too smile

chocolateismymiddlename Fri 23-Oct-09 21:12:50

My dd is 5.30 a.m riser <yawn> Am marking my place too!

Ceebee74 Fri 23-Oct-09 21:15:15

Quite like the idea of moving the clocks back after lunch - but do you think DS1 would actually be tired at what would effectively be 6.45pm?

Lol - seems to be a lot of people marking there places wink

DevilsEnticeMadness Fri 23-Oct-09 21:21:59

Am very pleased to have seen this thread as had missed fact clocks went back. Ds has traditionally been early riser, i use the later bedtime prior thing. which used to work. Little problem this time as he will be spending with his dad.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 24-Oct-09 19:36:47

Uh oh - both of our ds's were so tired that they've gone to bed at normal time tonight.

Could be an early start tomorrow. We can't chnage the clocks later in the day - we're going to church in the morning!

dinkystinkystein Sat 24-Oct-09 19:41:11

My DS1 is also an early riser - he's 3.7 now and we have a bunny clock for him - which I have set to wake up at 7am tomorrow grin He generally obeys the bunny.

Before we found moving him back with the clock changes had to be gradual over a week - basically in 10 minute slots stretch out bed time and getting up time.

Am dreading tomorrow morning though as his 8 month old brother has been waking at 5.40 recently and refusing to go back to sleep.. somehow starting the day at 4.40 really doesnt appeal... Will be employing the 10minute method on him too...

girlsyearapart Sat 24-Oct-09 19:44:55

Tried keeping my dds up later but dd2 13mo managed 6 mins later and dd1 2.1 managed 18 mins..

See you all in the morning wink grin

Ceebee74 Sat 24-Oct-09 20:01:52

Lol, yep my 2 were both exhausted tonight so DS2 ended up in bed 30 minutes earlier than normal and DS2 has just gone to bed now which is about normal time.....we shall see what tomorrow brings eh?

Dinkystein we have a Thomas version of the bunny clock which has worked in the past but DS1 has been ignoring it for the last couple of weeks and no amount of bribery/rewards/removal of stars has worked!! So I don't hold out much hope for hinm to obey it tomorrow morning either.

dinkystinkystein Sat 24-Oct-09 20:11:34

Hmm - the only thing that worked with DS1 in getting him to listen to the bunny clock was threatening him with no tv if he didnt get right back into bed as he got up while the bunny was still asleep.

Time2Hibernate Sat 24-Oct-09 20:24:55

I only started realising how annoying the clocks forward/back business was when I had CHILDREN!!! hmm I read in the local newspaper today: "time for a lie in on Sunday morning"...whoever wrote that is not a parent. envy grin

I found that I had to wait a couple of days, gradually increasing the time FOR bed but to be honest, it depends on the child and what they've been doing during the day. It's the same when time zone travelling - knocks everything out timewise.

The rabbit clock is very nice. My DS would stay in bed but he would yell "WAKE UP WABBIT" hmm ...yep, we were awake yet again!

Time2Hibernate Sat 24-Oct-09 20:26:14

Like your style Dinkystein!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now